Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

  1. #1

    Post Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Hello, everybody
    My wife got pregnant while she had a temporary greencard and as the result she lost it (it was not renewed in due time) because we were spending more time in her home country and our daughter was born there. Fastforward ten years, we are back in the US and would like to re-apply for her GC (she currently has a US tourist visa only).
    Do we just send the 749 form + applicable fees as we did the first time around and wait to be called to an interview? Or do we need to hire an immigration lawyer to guide us in the process because this time it might be more complicated because of the fact that she had lost her first GC?
    Thank you for your feedback!

  2. #2
    Eulen Spegel Птиц's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    126,831

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uehavshiy View Post
    she had a temporary green card ... she currently has a US tourist visa
    That means one of two things:

    a) she obtained a US tourist visa under an assumed name
    b) there was a clerical error.

    You need a lawyer in either case.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Птиц View Post
    That means one of two things:

    a) she obtained a US tourist visa under an assumed name
    b) there was a clerical error.

    You need a lawyer in either case.
    Neither of the two applies, but thanks for trying to help.

  4. #4
    VIP Losharick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Пол
    Мужской
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uehavshiy View Post
    Hello, everybody
    My wife got pregnant while she had a temporary greencard and as the result she lost it (it was not renewed in due time) because we were spending more time in her home country and our daughter was born there. Fastforward ten years, we are back in the US and would like to re-apply for her GC (she currently has a US tourist visa only).
    Do we just send the 749 form + applicable fees as we did the first time around and wait to be called to an interview? Or do we need to hire an immigration lawyer to guide us in the process because this time it might be more complicated because of the fact that she had lost her first GC?
    Thank you for your feedback!
    Brilliant. Just BRILLIANT! This phrase should be a logo for a brain damaged cultural club. ))
    You lost your TGC not because of your wife's pregnancy but cause you idiots didn't give a damn about the simple rules and deadlines you were supposed to follow. Most likely you didn't even care about that green card at the moment. Now when some shit hit the fan you decided to turn things around and come back. Being quite unique you even didn't give a chance to your child to be born as a US citizen. I hardly doubt that any lawyer would be able to help you since it was an immigration violation with a gap of 10 years long.
    What goes around comes around.
    Мыслями достойными и путями вольными!
    Вообще не люблю люстры, в Америке ни у кого верхнего света нет вообще, тока торшеры.(форумский алкаш, а.к.а Птаха)
    А у врачей и кроме вуза много других видов образования. О которых обыватели не знают, похоже. (КапАдура)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uehavshiy View Post
    Hello, everybody
    My wife got pregnant while she had a temporary greencard and as the result she lost it (it was not renewed in due time) because we were spending more time in her home country and our daughter was born there. Fastforward ten years, we are back in the US and would like to re-apply for her GC (she currently has a US tourist visa only).
    Do we just send the 749 form + applicable fees as we did the first time around and wait to be called to an interview? Or do we need to hire an immigration lawyer to guide us in the process because this time it might be more complicated because of the fact that she had lost her first GC?
    Thank you for your feedback!
    When your wife applied for a tourist visa, did she disclose that she is married to a US citizen? You are not stating which country she is a citizen of, so rules might be different for citizens of countries other than the former USSR block (as far as proving no immigration intention when applying for a non-immigrant visa).
    I understand she did not stay illegally on an expired temporary GC, she was in her country when you let the GC lapse, so there is really no immigration laws infraction, she just lost her permanent resident status. This would not warrant a 10 year ban or any length ban though.
    You may not be comfortable listing all the facts, so it is hard to tell what would be the best option for your family. Find an experienced immigration attorney or two (there aren't any on this forum), and see what they would recommend.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Losharick View Post
    Brilliant. Just BRILLIANT! This phrase should be a logo for a brain damaged cultural club. ))
    You lost your TGC not because of your wife's pregnancy but cause you idiots didn't give a damn about the simple rules and deadlines you were supposed to follow. Most likely you didn't even care about that green card at the moment. Now when some shit hit the fan you decided to turn things around and come back. Being quite unique you even didn't give a chance to your child to be born as a US citizen. I hardly doubt that any lawyer would be able to help you since it was an immigration violation with a gap of 10 years long.

    This forum used to be really helpful and friendly in the past but now I see the quality of participants has changed significantly...
    I believe your avatar is a true representation of your persona - Losharick! Haha!

  7. #7
    VIP Losharick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Пол
    Мужской
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uehavshiy View Post
    This forum used to be really helpful and friendly in the past but now I see the quality of participants has changed significantly...
    I believe your avatar is a true representation of your persona - Losharick! Haha!
    Yeaaah, seeing is believing. God will help the imbecile. The rest will work it out. )
    God Bless you UehavshiyKrishey.
    What goes around comes around.
    Мыслями достойными и путями вольными!
    Вообще не люблю люстры, в Америке ни у кого верхнего света нет вообще, тока торшеры.(форумский алкаш, а.к.а Птаха)
    А у врачей и кроме вуза много других видов образования. О которых обыватели не знают, похоже. (КапАдура)

  8. #8
    Eulen Spegel Птиц's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    126,831

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uehavshiy View Post
    This forum used to be really helpful and friendly in the past but now I see the quality of participants has changed significantly
    at least your English is as good as it used to be. couldn't say about your powers of observation.

  9. #9
    Forum Hero
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Marina del Rey, CA
    Posts
    55,157

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Птиц View Post
    at least your English is as good as it used to be. couldn't say about your powers of observation.
    me no speak English...
    Я могу заблуждаться, но я не вру.

  10. #10
    Eulen Spegel Птиц's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    126,831

    Default Re: Re-applying for a Geeen Card

    Quote Originally Posted by edik View Post
    me no speak English...
    check this out

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdcFjKFAvtU

    ты вряд ли видел мой пост, два года назад я познакомился с Шатуновским, он играет с Димой на этой самой видеозаписи.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russian America Top. Рейтинг ресурсов Русской Америки. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy Рейтинг@Mail.ru