Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 315

Thread: Русский Язык

  1. #91
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by Водопей View Post
    почему "если" ?
    вырази
    in the running
    Fig. in competition; competing and having a chance to win. (See also in a bind and the examples.) Is Tom still in the running? Does he still have a chance to be elected? I don't know about Tom, but Gladys is definitely still in the running.
    off and running
    1. Lit. [of horses, dogs, or people] having started racing. It's a beautiful day at the races, and, yes, they're off and running!
    2. Fig. started up and going. The car was finally loaded by 9:30, and we were off and running. The construction of the building was going to take two years, but we were off and running, and it appeared we would finish on schedule.
    See also: and, off
    off to a running start
    with a good, fast beginning, possibly a head start. I got off to a running start in math this year. The horses got off to a running start.
    See also: off, start
    out of the running
    Fig. no longer being considered; eliminated from a contest. After the first part of the diving meet, three members of our team were out of the running. After the scandal was made public, I was out of the running. I pulled out of the election.
    See also: of, out
    running high
    [for feelings] to be in a state of excitement or anger. Feelings were running high as the general election approached. The mood of the crowd was running high when they saw the mother slap her child.
    See also: high
    take a running jump (in the lake)
    Sl. Go away!; Get away from me! You know what you can do? You can take a running jump. Beat it! You can just take a running jump in the lake, you creep!
    See also: jump, take
    up and running
    Fig.[of a machine] functioning. As soon as we can get the tractor up and running, we will plant the corn crop.
    See also: and
    years running Go
    to days running.
    See also: year
    McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
    get someone’s motor running
    1. tv. to get someone excited. I’ve got some news that’ll really get your motor running.
    2. tv. to get someone sexually aroused. She knows how to get his motor running.
    See also: get, motor
    Take a running jump (in the lake)!
    exclam. Go away!; Get away from me! You can just take a running jump in the lake, you creep!
    See also: jump, take
    Take a running jump ! verb
    See Take a running jump in the lake!
    See also: jump, take
    McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
    hit the ground running
    Seize an opportunity; begin at full speed. For example, As soon as the front office gave its approval for the new department, we hit the ground running . The origin of this term is disputed. It may come from troops dropped into a combat zone, from stowaways jumping off a freight train as it nears the station, or from Pony Express riders avoiding delay when they changed mounts.
    See also: ground, hit
    in the running
    1. Entered as a competitor in a contest. For example, Is Mary in the running for this election? The antonym, out of the running, means "not entered as a competitor," as in Ian is out of the running for the job now that he's living in another state. [Mid-1800s]
    2. Having a chance to win, as in Mary's still in the running for the promotion. Again, out of the running means the opposite, as in He's too old-he's out of the running. [Mid-1800s] Both usages allude to the entry and chances of a horse in a race.
    meter is running, the
    Costs or other consequences are accumulating, as in We'd better come to a decision soon, for the meter is running. This metaphoric expression alludes to the fare mounting up on a taxi meter. [Late 1900s]
    off and running
    Making a good start, progressing well, as in After the first episode the new soap opera was off and running. Originating in horse racing, as the traditional announcement at the beginning of a race ("They're off and running"), this phrase began to be used more broadly in the second half of the 1900s.
    See also: and, off
    out of the running
    see under in the running.
    See also: of, out
    running on empty
    At the end of one's resources, out of money, as in I don't know how much longer we can live this way-we're running on empty with no jobs in sight . This idiom refers to a car running when the gas gauge indicates it is out of fuel. [Second half of 1900s]
    See also: empty
    running start
    An initial advantage, as in His background in biochemistry gave him a running start in the field of genetics. This expression alludes to track events such as the running broad jump, in which one begins moving before reaching the actual take-off point. [1920s] Also see under get off the ground.
    See also: start
    The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
    (Go) take a running jump! (informal)
    an impolite way of telling someone to go away or that you will not give them something they want 'Jim wants to borrow your new CD.' 'Tell him to take a running jump.'
    See also: take
    a running battle
    if you have a running battle with someone, you have an argument that continues over a long period of time (often + with ) I've had a running battle with the neighbours over their kids throwing stones over the fence.
    See also: battle
    be in the running
    if you are in the running for something, you are in a good position to win it or achieve it (often + for ) This film must be in the running for a Best Picture Oscar.
    be running on empty (informal)
    1. to continue to work and be active when you have no energy left I get the impression he's been running on empty for months now. A holiday will do him good.
    2. (American & Australian) if a person or an organization is running on empty, they have no new ideas or are not as effective as they were before The fund-raising campaign was running on empty after ten years under the same leader.
    See also: empty
    be up and running
    if a system, an organization, or a machine is up and running, it is established and working Until the new computer system is up and running we will have to work on paper.
    See also: and
    do/make (all) the running (British)
    to be the person who causes things to happen and develop Men are no longer expected to do all the running at the beginning of a relationship. If we want this campaign to be a success, it's up to us to make the running.
    hit the ground running (mainly American)
    to immediately work very hard and successfully at a new activity If elected, they promise to hit the ground running in their first few weeks of office.
    See also: ground, hit
    Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press
    a running battle (with somebody/something)
    an argument or fight that continues for a long time Flynn has fought a running battle with the tobacco company over its advertisements.
    See also: battle
    hit the ground running
    to be ready to work immediately on a new activity His previous experience will allow him to hit the ground running when he takes over the Commerce Department.
    See also: ground, hit
    in the running
    having a chance to win This movie must be in the running for best documentary.
    Usage notes: said about a competition or election
    Opposite of: out of the runningoff and running
    started and doing well The company is off and running with its new cable television operation. The band played on a Monday night and broke the nightclub's attendance record, and after that they were off and running.
    See also: and, off
    out of the running
    with no chance to win This defeat puts Williams out of the running for the trophy. Opposite of: in the running
    See also: of, out
    running on empty
    lacking energy or enthusiasm He's been running on empty for months now - a vacation will do him good. The program to build low-cost housing has not attracted much support and is running on empty.
    Related vocabulary: on automatic pilot
    Etymology: based on the literal meaning of running on empty (operating a car with almost no fuel)
    See also: empty
    running on fumes
    continuing to do something when you have almost no energy left After two straight games against top teams, the Tigers were running on fumes and lost on Saturday night.
    See also: fume
    up and running
    actively working My computer was finally up and running again, and I could attack the huge batch of work I had to finish. It took several years to get his law practice up and running.
    See also: and
    Cambridge Dictionary of American Idioms Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2003. Reproduced with permission.
    Что то каша малаша получилась

  2. #92
    VIP Serge7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Posts
    98,735

    Cool Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by MAPTA View Post
    Serg, а почему ты не ставишь песни на русском?
    Ну у тебя хорошая тема на англ языке уже есть...
    Спасибо. Я там ставил хорошие русские песни. Но они там затерялись. Нужна отдельная тема для этого конечно.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by larsen View Post
    znaju 8 jazykov
    fluent
    kuda mne obrawat'sja )))???)
    в юнеску

  4. #94
    VIP Маня's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Торонто
    Posts
    19,320

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by Водопей View Post
    ну передай к примеру вот это:

    беглец
    бегун
    бегунок
    побегунчик
    беговик

    не глаголами, бо это не глаголы

    или к примеру:
    бегущий
    бегущая
    бегущие
    убегающие
    убегающий
    убегающая
    сбегающий
    сбегающие
    сбегающая
    ...
    и т.д.


    это ведь разные слова с разными значениями, верно ?
    да ты с дуба рухнул
    (в хорошем смысле)
    щас все брошу и буду передавать в ночь-полночь
    это ж время займет
    открой словарь и будет тебе счастье
    все можно передать
    ты удивишься, но это так

  5. #95
    Level 0 User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by MAPTA View Post
    in the running
    Fig. in competition; competing and having a chance to win. (See also in a bind and the examples.) Is Tom still in the running? Does he still have a chance to be elected? I don't know about Tom, but Gladys is definitely still in the running.
    off and running
    1. Lit. [of horses, dogs, or people] having started racing. It's a beautiful day at the races, and, yes, they're off and running!
    2. Fig. started up and going. The car was finally loaded by 9:30, and we were off and running. The construction of the building was going to take two years, but we were off and running, and it appeared we would finish on schedule.
    See also: and, off
    off to a running start
    with a good, fast beginning, possibly a head start. I got off to a running start in math this year. The horses got off to a running start.
    See also: off, start
    out of the running
    Fig. no longer being considered; eliminated from a contest. After the first part of the diving meet, three members of our team were out of the running. After the scandal was made public, I was out of the running. I pulled out of the election.
    See also: of, out
    running high
    [for feelings] to be in a state of excitement or anger. Feelings were running high as the general election approached. The mood of the crowd was running high when they saw the mother slap her child.
    See also: high
    take a running jump (in the lake)
    Sl. Go away!; Get away from me! You know what you can do? You can take a running jump. Beat it! You can just take a running jump in the lake, you creep!
    See also: jump, take
    up and running
    Fig.[of a machine] functioning. As soon as we can get the tractor up and running, we will plant the corn crop.
    See also: and
    years running Go
    to days running.
    See also: year
    McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
    get someone’s motor running
    1. tv. to get someone excited. I’ve got some news that’ll really get your motor running.
    2. tv. to get someone sexually aroused. She knows how to get his motor running.
    See also: get, motor
    Take a running jump (in the lake)!
    exclam. Go away!; Get away from me! You can just take a running jump in the lake, you creep!
    See also: jump, take
    Take a running jump ! verb
    See Take a running jump in the lake!
    See also: jump, take
    McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
    hit the ground running
    Seize an opportunity; begin at full speed. For example, As soon as the front office gave its approval for the new department, we hit the ground running . The origin of this term is disputed. It may come from troops dropped into a combat zone, from stowaways jumping off a freight train as it nears the station, or from Pony Express riders avoiding delay when they changed mounts.
    See also: ground, hit
    in the running
    1. Entered as a competitor in a contest. For example, Is Mary in the running for this election? The antonym, out of the running, means "not entered as a competitor," as in Ian is out of the running for the job now that he's living in another state. [Mid-1800s]
    2. Having a chance to win, as in Mary's still in the running for the promotion. Again, out of the running means the opposite, as in He's too old-he's out of the running. [Mid-1800s] Both usages allude to the entry and chances of a horse in a race.
    meter is running, the
    Costs or other consequences are accumulating, as in We'd better come to a decision soon, for the meter is running. This metaphoric expression alludes to the fare mounting up on a taxi meter. [Late 1900s]
    off and running
    Making a good start, progressing well, as in After the first episode the new soap opera was off and running. Originating in horse racing, as the traditional announcement at the beginning of a race ("They're off and running"), this phrase began to be used more broadly in the second half of the 1900s.
    See also: and, off
    out of the running
    see under in the running.
    See also: of, out
    running on empty
    At the end of one's resources, out of money, as in I don't know how much longer we can live this way-we're running on empty with no jobs in sight . This idiom refers to a car running when the gas gauge indicates it is out of fuel. [Second half of 1900s]
    See also: empty
    running start
    An initial advantage, as in His background in biochemistry gave him a running start in the field of genetics. This expression alludes to track events such as the running broad jump, in which one begins moving before reaching the actual take-off point. [1920s] Also see under get off the ground.
    See also: start
    The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
    (Go) take a running jump! (informal)
    an impolite way of telling someone to go away or that you will not give them something they want 'Jim wants to borrow your new CD.' 'Tell him to take a running jump.'
    See also: take
    a running battle
    if you have a running battle with someone, you have an argument that continues over a long period of time (often + with ) I've had a running battle with the neighbours over their kids throwing stones over the fence.
    See also: battle
    be in the running
    if you are in the running for something, you are in a good position to win it or achieve it (often + for ) This film must be in the running for a Best Picture Oscar.
    be running on empty (informal)
    1. to continue to work and be active when you have no energy left I get the impression he's been running on empty for months now. A holiday will do him good.
    2. (American & Australian) if a person or an organization is running on empty, they have no new ideas or are not as effective as they were before The fund-raising campaign was running on empty after ten years under the same leader.
    See also: empty
    be up and running
    if a system, an organization, or a machine is up and running, it is established and working Until the new computer system is up and running we will have to work on paper.
    See also: and
    do/make (all) the running (British)
    to be the person who causes things to happen and develop Men are no longer expected to do all the running at the beginning of a relationship. If we want this campaign to be a success, it's up to us to make the running.
    hit the ground running (mainly American)
    to immediately work very hard and successfully at a new activity If elected, they promise to hit the ground running in their first few weeks of office.
    See also: ground, hit
    Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press
    a running battle (with somebody/something)
    an argument or fight that continues for a long time Flynn has fought a running battle with the tobacco company over its advertisements.
    See also: battle
    hit the ground running
    to be ready to work immediately on a new activity His previous experience will allow him to hit the ground running when he takes over the Commerce Department.
    See also: ground, hit
    in the running
    having a chance to win This movie must be in the running for best documentary.
    Usage notes: said about a competition or election
    Opposite of: out of the runningoff and running
    started and doing well The company is off and running with its new cable television operation. The band played on a Monday night and broke the nightclub's attendance record, and after that they were off and running.
    See also: and, off
    out of the running
    with no chance to win This defeat puts Williams out of the running for the trophy. Opposite of: in the running
    See also: of, out
    running on empty
    lacking energy or enthusiasm He's been running on empty for months now - a vacation will do him good. The program to build low-cost housing has not attracted much support and is running on empty.
    Related vocabulary: on automatic pilot
    Etymology: based on the literal meaning of running on empty (operating a car with almost no fuel)
    See also: empty
    running on fumes
    continuing to do something when you have almost no energy left After two straight games against top teams, the Tigers were running on fumes and lost on Saturday night.
    See also: fume
    up and running
    actively working My computer was finally up and running again, and I could attack the huge batch of work I had to finish. It took several years to get his law practice up and running.
    See also: and
    Cambridge Dictionary of American Idioms Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2003. Reproduced with permission.
    не то... все не то, ребята

  6. #96
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge7 View Post
    Спасибо. Я там ставил хорошие русские песни. Но они там затерялись. Нужна отдельная тема для этого конечно.
    Да!

  7. #97
    Level 0 User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,014

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    согласимся на том, что по данному вопросу у нас согласия нет

  8. #98
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by Водопей View Post
    не то... все не то, ребята
    да, что то не то!

  9. #99
    VIP Маня's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Торонто
    Posts
    19,320

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge7 View Post
    Run away my ass !
    не run, а ran, во-первых
    во-вторых, переведи "убежал" в таком случае, если не согласен

  10. #100
    подниматель пингвинов crazy-mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    L'viv
    Posts
    162,731

    Default Re: Русский Язык

    Quote Originally Posted by Маня View Post
    да ты с дуба рухнул
    (в хорошем смысле)
    щас все брошу и буду передавать в ночь-полночь
    это ж время займет
    открой словарь и будет тебе счастье
    все можно передать
    ты удивишься, но это так
    А в русском языке вообще нет подходящего эквивалента для "Don't drive me Obama".
    Жизнь дается человеку один раз и прожить ее надо так, чтобы не ошибиться в рецептах

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russian America Top. Рейтинг ресурсов Русской Америки. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy Рейтинг@Mail.ru