Thread: I-751 : Interview

Level 3 User

Default I-751 : Interview

I am divorced. I have just had an interview regarding to the Removal of Conditions: I-751. Interview lasted 15 minutes. Immigration Officer has not asked any evidence that would prove that marriage was real ( pictures, joint accounts, joint credit cards, joint insurance, etc). The copy of those documents were submitted earlier together with I-751. I was only asked about where I met my ex and what was the reason of divorce.Neither my expired conditional green card was taken away, nor stamp was placed in my passport. I was given an answer that I will be notified by mail. Is it normal or not? How long does it ususally take to hear from INS about the decision taken regarding to I-751? If they were going to deny my application, would they let me know during the interview or after? I do not know what to expect.Thanks in advance for advice and opinion.

Just wait until the response comes. You can't predict something; it is wasting of time. Just relax and wait, and pray G-d.
    Лев Кобрин – юрист, магистр права.

Nothing on this answer should be taken as legal advice. For legal advice, consult an immigration attorney.

Level 2 User

To be honest with you, it is highly unlikely your application will be approved unless a basic requirement is met. You have to be married at the time of application. BCIS is not able to remove the condition and issue a permanent GC.

Это не совсем верно. Все зависит от того, по какой причине был развод. Вполне возможно, что там был "абьюз". Настораживает другое - то, что ее ни о чем этом не спросили.

Nothing on this answer should be taken as legal advice. For legal advice, consult an immigration attorney.

Level 2 User

Да, вы совершенно правы. Но я размышлял логическим путем - если бы был абьюз, то она об этом бы написала. А так - это чисто гипотетический вариант. Я склонен верить, что абьюза не было, поэтому и не стал обнадеживать даму. :(
    Я также склонен думать, что ее об этом не спросили, поскольку офицер сразу же счел, что все ясно и принял решение.

Вполне резонно.

Novice

Default Не хочется заводить отдельный топик, вопрос о I-751:(

Пришло время посылать запрос на смену временного статуса ГК на постоянную (I-751). Со мной все в порядке, сын (15 лет) теряет свою ГК:( Мы вместе получили 2-х годовую временную, после чего вынуждена была отправить его домой. Нет возможности привезти его на интервью в силу действительно объективных обстоятельств. Смогу ли я после получения гражданства в короткий срок сделать ему новую ГК?
    =====
    Буду очень признательна за скорый ответ.
    не ошибается лишь тот, кто ничего не делает...

Короткий срок - это примерно год. Более того, получив гражданство, Вы сможете так же сразу получить американский паспорт на сына, миную гринкарту.

Novice

Default Элеонора

Спасибо, Лев. Простите, что не смогла сразу ответить.
    не ошибается лишь тот, кто ничего не делает...

Good luck!

Thread Information