Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Curious Hypothetical

Novice

Default A Curious Hypothetical

Dear Friends:

We are posting here to ask your thoughts about why some people cannot understand why an immigration attorney would require a fee for conducting a complete consultation before providing legal advice. In order to help us understand this mentality, we have decided to post the following hypothetical and ask for your feedback:

Imagine that you feel sick and you decide to call 3 doctors. After a brief telephone conversation, Doctor A tells you that you are definitely ill with an incurable disease. After another brief telephone conversation, Doctor B tells you that you are definitely ill and that he will cure you for $3000. You then call Doctor C , who tells you that he needs to perform a full examination before he can honestly determine whether or not you are ill and, if you are ill, what treatment options may be available to you. He asks $100 to conduct the 1 hour examination.

What would you do and why?

A) Nothing - because Doctor A told me that I cannot be cured;
    B) I would pay the $3000 to Doctor B to cure my illness; or
    C) I would schedule an appointment with Doctor C for a full examination.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: A Curious Hypothetical

Бред сивой кобылы какой-то...
    В спам его нах.

1. You can't compare a medical case to a legal case - the prossing/treatment approach is totally different.
    2. In law, there are many nuances/issues/rules that need to be investigated before a competent attorney can say if he/she can assist you. The attorney must spend time on research, thus may charge fee for the consultation/research time.
    Beware of any attorney, who based just upon a few words from you, guarantees an outcome in your favor.
    Цинична, эротична, cтервозна и практична. Худею... сладкое не предлагать...в гости не звать, чаем не поить, через клетку не кормить... Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea(c)

Quote Originally Posted by pkhlaw

A) Nothing - because Doctor A told me that I cannot be cured;
    B) I would pay the $3000 to Doctor B to cure my illness; or
    C) I would schedule an appointment with Doctor C for a full examination.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Neither. I would talk Doctor C into waiving his examination fee by showing him my bank statement with $3000 in it and telling him that I would definitely hire him to do the job if only after his examination it turns out I'm curable.
    I've tried it with lawyers. It works.

Novice

Here's another question? Why would Uncle Fyodor move this to the spam section? A review of his posts may provide a clue.

If you are looking for legal advice that you can rely on, contact an attorney who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. They will be more than capable of providing RELIABLE advice on a wide-range of immigration issues, including tourist visas, employment visas (such as H-1B, H-2, TN, J-1, etc.), green cards, student visas, naturalization, removal proceedings, deportation, etc.

And when seeking legal advice (or anything else for that matter), don't forget this classic American proverb: "It's only worth what you paid for it" (or "You get what you pay for"). Just some advice for my friends out there in cyberspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Дядя_Федор
    Бред сивой кобылы какой-то...
    В спам его нах.
    А зря, Дядя Федор... Проблема-то серьезная. Кондомы-адвокаты норовят содрать последнюю шкуру с клиента. Обычно двухминутного разговора по телефону достаточно, чтобы адвокат понял, возьмется он за это дело или нет. Но он ведь еще сотку хочет содрать за просто так....

Quote Originally Posted by pkhlaw
    Here's another question? Why would Uncle Fyodor move this to the spam section? A review of his posts may provide a clue.

If you are looking for legal advice that you can rely on, contact an attorney who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. They will be more than capable of providing RELIABLE advice on a wide-range of immigration issues, including tourist visas, employment visas (such as H-1B, H-2, TN, J-1, etc.), green cards, student visas, naturalization, removal proceedings, deportation, etc.

And when seeking legal advice (or anything else for that matter), don't forget this classic American proverb: "It's only worth what you paid for it" (or "You get what you pay for"). Just some advice for my friends out there in cyberspace.
    You want a reference to the Forum Rules? Sure thing, dude. This is a Russian-speaking forum, so unless you can provide a short Russian summary of what you've written, I have the right to delete your post к едрене матери. That's one.
    Two. You'd posted exactly two messages here before the one I'm replying to. Both were some strange questionaries which had exactly as much relevance to immigration issues as a penis-enlargement ad on a medical forum.
    Three. Now your thread is exactly where it belongs, because of your last post. Say hi to your friends.
    Last edited by Дядя_Федор; 09-18-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Novice

Immigration law is very complex and in this environment requires persistence and creativity. This requires that every possible avenue be examined - and that takes time. That's what good lawyers do - its not just about filling out the forms.

Novice

успокойся!.. Myu prosto xoteli loochse ponimat i takzhe pomagat nikotorix russkix liodeu kotori chasto poloochaiot ploxou covet.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridian
    А зря, Дядя Федор... Проблема-то серьезная. Кондомы-адвокаты норовят содрать последнюю шкуру с клиента. Обычно двухминутного разговора по телефону достаточно, чтобы адвокат понял, возьмется он за это дело или нет. Но он ведь еще сотку хочет содрать за просто так....
    Не вдаваясь в подробности самого поста,
    -- он по-английски;
    -- он не обсуждает иммиграционный вопрос, он обсуждает денежный вопрос. Соответственно, он off-topic.

Но. Если народ считает, что ему место в иммиграционном разделе, я могу переместить его и обратно. Считаем, один голос есть. Еще кто-нибудь?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information