Thread: Privet, newcomer

Default Privet, newcomer

I am sorry but if i can speak and read russian, for me it is very difficult to write it .
    I am French and live in Moscow since 9 years .
    In September I will start to work part time in Miami, then in July next year my wife and my daughter will also arrived .
    My wife is russian, and she is afraid to quite everything in Moscow for Miami she doesn't speak english .
    If you have any suggestions, ideas which could help me I will be glad to get them.
    By example I heard that many russians live in Sunny isles, perhaps it will be a good idea the live there ?
    Is there is any school for russians my daughter speak french and russian but no english (8 years old) .
    Spacibo,

Vince.

Default Re: Privet, newcomer

How long do you plan to stay in the States? Are you immigrating?
    Usually, children pick up new languages very fast, so you shouldn't worry about a Russian school for your daughter. Just find a school with a good ESL (English as a Second Language) program.
    Will your wife work eventually? As you understand, the language is the most important thing here. So, you might reconsider your desire to live in a Russian-populated area...

Thread Information