Page 2 of 1130 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Любителям Популярной Музыки!

Default Re: Любителям Популярной Музыки!

Madonna "Hung Up"

"Hung Up" is a popdance song written by American singer-songwriter Madonna, Stuart Price, Benny Andersson, and Björn Ulvaeus for Madonna's eleventh studio album Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005).

Forum Hero

Я как раз хотела упомянуть Duran Duran, Perfect Day - такая простенькая песня и светлая А ещё, Santana, Smooth, и Helloween, A Tale That Isn`t Right. Возможно, я ошибаюсь, но, по-моему, Helloween - это чистая попса:D Bryan Adams, Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman. Хулио Иглесиас, Fragile. Больше сразу ничего не пришло в голову.
    Жизнь даётся человеку только один раз, и прожить её надо так, чтобы потом другим было мучительно стыдно за бесцельно прожитые тобою годы! Бороться и искать, найти... и не плеваться!

Enigma "Sadeness"

Enigma is a disco band during the 80s. Their only singles were "Ain't No Stopping" and "I Love Music", which reached 11th and 25th places in the UK Top 40 chart respectively.

Boney M "Ma Baker"

Boney M is a Eurodance, Pop, and disco group, which was phenomenally successful during the 70s and 80s. The group was created by producer Frank Farian in 1975 and was composed of four West Indian artists working in London, Germany and the Netherlands: singers Marcia Barrett and Liz Mitchell, model Maizie Williams and DJ Bobby Farrell. Boney M is noted for the mix of white and black music—the producer Farian is white and the singers are black; significantly many songs are black (freedom) songs, for example "No More Chain Gang" in the album Oceans Of Fantasy.

Baccara " Sir, I Can Boogie (extended 2005 Mix) "

Baccara "Sorry, I'm A Lady"

Baccara is a female musical duet that was very successful in the decades of 1970 and of 1980. It is known by world-wide famous songs as "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" and "Sorry, I'm A Lady". Its original members, Mayte Mateos (March 7th, 1951) and María Mendiola (April 4th, 1952), were born in Spain. Its music is a blend of disco and pop styles, with lyrics in English, sung with the peculiar Spanish accent of its two members.

A-HA

Take On Me
    LifeLines

a-ha is a Norwegian band who were most popular in the UK and the USA during the 1980s, but continued to be globally successful in the 1990s and 2000s. The trio, composed of lead vocalist Morten Harket, guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy (known as Pål Waaktaar until 1994) and keyboardist Magne Furuholmen, formed in 1982 and left Norway for London in order to make a career in the music business. The origin of the name a-ha comes from the title of an early song. After checking dictionaries in several languages, they found out that "a-ha" was an international way of expressing recognition, with positive connotations. It was short, easy to say and unusual.
    The song "Take On Me" was the first thing Morten Harket heard Magne Furuholmen and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy play. At that time the song was called "Lesson One." After multiple re-recordings and two failed releases, "Take On Me" became a hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1985. The first release of the song in 1984 only sold 300 copies, but after a rework with producer Alan Tarney a year later, it sold 1.5 million copies worldwide in one month. Eventually the single "Take On Me" is estimated to have sold 6 - 7 million copies worldwide; it peaked at #1 in the US and #2 in the UK. Sales were aided in the US by a music video on MTV that mimicked the climactic scene from the Ken Russell film Altered States. The video used a sketchy animation / live action combination called "Rotoscoping" (in which the video is first shot on normal video, then each frame is hand-traced over to give the animated effect) that tells a fantasy thriller story to the song. a-ha was also nominated for Best Video for "Take On Me" at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1986.

The follow-up single to "Take On Me" was "The Sun Always Shines on TV". In the US, the song was only a minor hit, peaking at #20 on the Billboard singles charts, signifying the sharp decline in the band's American popularity in North America. The group would never again have a Billboard Top 40 single in the US. To this day, in America, "Take On Me" is far better remembered than the rest of a-ha's output, and as such, the band is frequently considered a one-hit wonder. In the UK (and much of the rest of the world), however, the story was very different: "The Sun Always Shines on TV" was an even bigger hit among British fans than "Take On Me", peaking all the way at number one.

Unsurprisingly, the 1985 album Hunting High and Low, containing "Take On Me" and "The Sun Always Shines on TV," sold better in the UK than in the US. However, the worldwide critical consensus dismissed the band as bubblegum pop at the time.

As of 2005, Hunting High and Low has sold 8 million copies worldwide.
    Last edited by Aвгур; 06-01-2006 at 11:08 PM.
    Когда приходит время дурью маяться, лень позорно отступает.
    Look at this!

Quote Originally Posted by Aвгур
    A-Ha " Take On Me" ;)

a-ha - is a Norwegian band who were most popular in the UK and the USA during the 1980s, but continued to be globally successful in the 1990s and 2000s. The trio, composed of lead vocalist Morten Harket, guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy (known as Pål Waaktaar until 1994) and keyboardist Magne Furuholmen, formed in 1982 and left Norway for London in order to make a career in the music business. The origin of the name a-ha comes from the title of an early song. After checking dictionaries in several languages, they found out that "a-ha" was an international way of expressing recognition, with positive connotations. It was short, easy to say and unusual.

The Bangles

Eternal_Flame

The Bangles were one of the new generation of independent all-women bands that followed The Go-Go's in the early 1980s. The band was formed in Los Angeles, California in 1981 as The Supersonic Bangs, later shortened to The Bangs. They were forced to change their name to the Bangles when a band from New Jersey, also named the Bangs, threatened to sue.
    The original lineup was Susanna Hoffs (guitar, vocals), Debbi Peterson (drums, vocals, bass), and Vicki Peterson (guitar, vocals, bass); this lineup made one forty-five "Getting out of Hand" b/w "Call on Me." Annette Zilinskas took over bass duties in 1982 and also played harmonica. This lineup put out an extended play disc titled The Bangles that same year. Zilinskas left in 1983 and was replaced with Michael Steele, formerly of the Runaways. Zilinskas would later release records with Blood on the Saddle and the Ringling Sisters.
    Last edited by Aвгур; 06-01-2006 at 11:49 PM.
    Когда приходит время дурью маяться, лень позорно отступает.
    Look at this!

Quote Originally Posted by Анфиса_Скукотищева
    Я как раз хотела упомянуть Duran Duran, Perfect Day - такая простенькая песня и светлая...
    Duran Duran" Perfect Day" ;) :cool:

Page 2 of 1130 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread Information