Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Любимый парфюм

Default Re: Любимый парфюм

Mitsouko (Guerlain)

Whenever I am asked to name my favourite fragrance, or the best fragrance ever, or the fragrance I would take with me if I had to move to Mars for tax reasons, I always say Mitsouko. This elicits, broadly speaking, three types of response: perfumers yawn, beginners write down the name and aficionados decide I am a staid sort of chap. In truth, it is a bit like saying your favourite painting is the Mona Lisa (not mine, by the way).

Mitsouko’s history illustrates to perfection the twin forces of innovation and imitation that move perfumery forward. It was released in 1919, supposedly the result of a love affair Jacques Guerlain had with Japan or a lady therein. But there is nothing Japanese about Mitsouko, aside from the name. It is, as has been said countless times before, an improvement on François Coty’s Chypre, released two years earlier. Chypre, in turn, was based on a three-component accord so perfect that it remains unsurpassed and fertile in new developments 90 years later. They smell, respectively, of citrus resinous, sweet-amber resinous and bitter resinous. Picture them as equal sectors making up a pie chart, sticking to each other via the resin. The resulting genre, called a chypre, has two fundamental qualities: balance and abstraction. Chypre is long gone, but I’ve had occasion to smell both vintage samples and the Osmothèque museum’s reconstruction in Versailles. It is brilliant, but it does have a big-boned, bad-tempered, Joan Crawford feel to it. It was a fragrance in whose company you could never entirely rest your weight.

Jacques Guerlain was Juan Gris to Coty’s Picasso, obsessed with fullness, finish, detail. To Chypre, he added the peach note of undecalactone, quite a lot of iris and probably 20 other things we’ll never know about. The lactone makes a huge difference: it works like a Tiffany lamp, adding a touch of muted warmth and colour, and, unlike ester-based fruit notes, lasts for ever. The effect of these additions is a ripening of the chypre structure into a masterpiece whose richness brings to my mind the mature chamber music of Johannes Brahms.

Mitsouko is also a survivor, most recently having dodged a bullet aimed straight at its heart by the European Union’s chemical phobia. It looked, for a while, as if it was going to be reformulated in a hurry. In the end, the great Edouard Fléchier brought Mitsouko into conformity with EU rules and it still smells great, though it arguably doesn’t last as long as the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Кошка Мурка View Post
    - хорошо, нюхну.
    У меня как раз мой парижский Опиум заканчивается.
    Но если сладенько-цветочное, то однозначно не понравится.
    Мне больше мужские парфюмы нравятся, кстати, уж не знаю, почему.
    Вот как раз у Clive Christian есть мужской парфюм, от которого мущины тащутсо, как удав по пачке дуста:wink1:
    Никогда не позволяйте болванам доводить вас до потери здравого смысла.(c)

интересно девки пляшут...

всё ето фигня, деффки....
    вот раньше были духи - Клема. Единственные иностранные духи в СССР кроме "Шарик" и "Шипр". Вот они да...пахли....и ето....ну ето....ну вообщем ассоцировались...и всё такое
    цирк с конями

Quote Originally Posted by Кошка Мурка View Post
    - хто все эти люди?...
    вот тут кажется можно самплы заказать.
    http://theperfumedcourt.com
    ..добрый ангел мигрени..

Ибо

Quote Originally Posted by Nabludatel' View Post
    всё ето фигня, деффки....
    вот раньше были духи - Клема. Единственные иностранные духи в СССР кроме "Шарик" и "Шипр". Вот они да...пахли....и ето....ну ето....ну вообщем ассоцировались...и всё такое

...почему были?....они опомнились и выпускают снова...
    ...дарите : - )...девочка шагнет в распыленное перед собой облако
    толкнёте на кровать...и это....ну это.....ну, в общем, ассоциируйте : - )
    Мне скучно , бес... (с)

старый харизматик На качелях...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    девочка шагнет в распыленное перед собой облако
    толкнёте на кровать...и это....ну это.....ну, в общем, ассоциируйте : - )
    сильным ветром облако отнесло и накрыло территории Дании, Швеции и стран балтики.
    Евросоюз выразил озабоченность.

а что такого эдакого в духах Клема?
    ..добрый ангел мигрени..

интересно девки пляшут...

Quote Originally Posted by dream fairy View Post
    с ног сбивает с двух флаконоу...градус хороший...поди
    цирк с конями

а мне вот нравились духи еще в россии фирмы ивс рошер.... одния все и покупаю.. а вторые так и не нашла... у нах крышечка была в калы цветка

Quote Originally Posted by dream fairy View Post
    Единственные( в прямом смысле) тогда духи....не считая Красную Москву
    Никогда не позволяйте болванам доводить вас до потери здравого смысла.(c)

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread Information