PDA

View Full Version : оформление иммиграционной визы в консульстве

AMELITE
08-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Доброе время суток всем!
Я гражданка Израиля,проживаю постоянно в Израиле с дочкой (6 лет).Решили пожениться с моим другом американцем. У меня есть тур виза ,но у дочки нет(боюсь что ей не дадут).
Я решила поехать одна,расписаться с ним,вернуться и подать документы в консульстве в Израиле.
Скажите пож-то,сколько нужно ждать эммиграционной визы? Какие документы нужно предоставить с обоих сторон? Сколько это стоит?
Спасибо!

Kit_Kat
09-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Подает документы муж, а не вы. Если трудности с английским и у него то лучше сходить к адвокату (не знаю, паралегалы ето делают?) заполнить. Хотя документы на все ето дело очень простые (если нет никаких осложнений и прочего), но ошибка может стоить долгого ожидания.

Ждать сколько сейчас не знаю. Из того, что я читала (какое-то время назад), за пределами США ожидать было дольше (год и более). А почему вы думаете, что на ребенка не дадут визу? Я бы попробовала получить.

Neron
09-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Подает документы муж, а не вы. Если трудности с английским и у него то лучше сходить к адвокату (не знаю, паралегалы ето делают?) заполнить. Хотя документы на все ето дело очень простые (если нет никаких осложнений и прочего), но ошибка может стоить долгого ожидания.

Ждать сколько сейчас не знаю. Из того, что я читала (какое-то время назад), за пределами США ожидать было дольше (год и более). А почему вы думаете, что на ребенка не дадут визу? Я бы попробовала получить.

"Паралигалы" делают, но ходят под статьей. Пасодют за это. А чел, если паралигал ему запорет, может жаловаться только в спортлото.

Кстати, в том сенатском проекте имм.реформы, что нынче в Хаузе лежит, предлагается "паралигалов" на 10 лет на казенные харчи отправлять.

Kit_Kat
09-10-2013, 07:08 AM
"Паралигалы" делают, но ходят под статьей. Пасодют за это. А чел, если паралигал ему запорет, может жаловаться только в спортлото.

Кстати, в том сенатском проекте имм.реформы, что нынче в Хаузе лежит, предлагается "паралигалов" на 10 лет на казенные харчи отправлять.

А что паралегалы могут (легально)? (никогда не использовала, посему ни малейшиго понятия)

Neron
09-10-2013, 07:21 AM
А что паралегалы могут (легально)? (никогда не использовала, посему ни малейшиго понятия)

Паралигал может делать то, что ему поручил адвокат, делать под надзором адвоката и под его ответственность.

Паралигал -- это работник адвокатского офиса, помощник адвоката. Вне офиса это не паралигал, а самозванец.

Kit_Kat
09-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Паралигал может делать то, что ему поручил адвокат, делать под надзором адвоката и под его ответственность.

Паралигал -- это работник адвокатского офиса, помощник адвоката. Вне офиса это не паралигал, а самозванец.

А, ну понятно. То есть ето вроде спец названия (чтоб лучше звучало :) ) для [lawyer assistant].

Neron
09-10-2013, 07:59 AM
А, ну понятно. То есть ето вроде спец названия (чтоб лучше звучало :) ) для [lawyer assistant].

Ну типа того :)

elfy
09-10-2013, 10:46 AM

It depends how they do it. If they tell you upfront they are not a lawyer and just helping with filling out a form, it is totally legal. As a matter of fact, anyone can legally provide a paid service of filling out an immigration form if that service does not involve legal counseling.

Дженни
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
It depends how they do it. If they tell you upfront they are not a lawyer and just helping with filling out a form, it is totally legal. As a matter of fact, anyone can legally provide a paid service of filling out an immigration form if that service does not involve legal counseling.

умница элфи :110:

Neron
09-10-2013, 10:58 AM

As far as they put information you provided them with into the appropriate boxes only, it is legal. If they give you advise how to fill out the form, and moreover which form you should fill out, it is legal advice and it is prohibited. Also they cannot represent you in USCIS.

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:08 AM
As far as they put information you provided them with into the appropriate boxes only, it is legal. If they give you advise how to fill out the form, and moreover which form you should fill out, it is legal advice and it is prohibited. Also they cannot represent you in USCIS.

Unless it is some political asylum legend case, most non-immigration and immigration cases are pretty straight forward. All the necessary forms and instructions are online and yes, it is ok for a non-lawyer to interpret the instructions and pull all the necessary forms.
Most cases do not need to be represented in front of uscis as they involve mere filling out an application and paying a fee.
Refugees and asylees need representation as there is a very high percentage of fraud there.

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Unless it is some political asylum legend case, most non-immigration and immigration cases are pretty straight forward. All the necessary forms and instructions are online and yes, it is ok for a non-lawyer to interpret the instructions and pull all the necessary forms.
Most cases do not need to be represented in front of uscis as they involve mere filling out an application and paying a fee.
Refugees and asylees need representation as there is a very high percentage of fraud there.

Unfortunately grievance committee, attorney general and bar association disagree with your very interesting and valuable opinion. You can ask Mr.Kobrin for more details.

Unless you do it for free for your relatives/friends, it is a legal advice and you cannot do it unless you are a licensed attorney or are supervised by such person.

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately grievance committee, attorney general and bar association disagree with your very interesting and valuable opinion.

This is not my opinion, business transactions are regulated by states. That's what illinois says about providing immigration-related services. Have you studied your state laws?

Дженни
09-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Нерон, ты сдал бар, или провалил опять? :235:

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:16 AM
This is not my opinion, business transactions are regulated by states. That's what illinois says about providing immigration-related services. Have you studied your state laws?

Yes, I have. Let we decide that this is a rule for the State of Illinois. It is true that I am not familiar with your regulations. However I am not still sure that a person may charge fee for such service. Are you sure about it? Have you read any case law stating so?

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:16 AM

Не сыпь соль на рану:122:

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:18 AM

Публично я отвечать не буду. А частно тебе ответил.

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes, I have. Let we decide that this is a rule for the State of Illinois. It is true that I am not familiar with your regulations. However I am not still sure that a person may charge fee for such service. Are you sure about it? Have you read any case law stating so?

Why don't you just google it? Your questions sound a little lame and desperate. How about I won't let you decide what the law says. If it says I can do so, it's no longer up to you to decide.

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Why don't you just google it? Your questions sound a little lame and desperate. How about I won't let you decide what the law says. If it says I can do so, it's no longer up to you to decide.

Our rules stay clear that if you charge fee, you have to be licensed. And I do not care about Illinois.

STYLE
09-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Публично я отвечать не буду. А частно тебе ответил.

Мне тоже интересно. :235:

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Our rules stay clear that if you charge fee, you have to be licensed. And I do not care about Illinois.

Not every business activity requires a license, including your state. If I translate instructions to the form and then fill it out based on the information provided by a customer without providing anytype of legal or financial or medical advice, ii don't need a license according to the law.

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Let we see government explanation:

Who can help me fill out my forms?A lawyer or an accredited representative from the list kept by the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) can help you. Getting help from someone who’s not qualified to give you legal advice – like a notario (http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/media/audio-0004-scams-against-immigrants-notarios-cant-help-you) – can be worse than not getting any help. Sometimes, even advice from a friend who means well can hurt your immigration status. If you need advice or help, get it from someone who is authorized by the U.S. government to help you.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0142-immigration-help#helpfillingoutforms

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:27 AM

Can't you read between the lines? When there is nothing to be proud of, one gets evasive. You don't need a phd in psychology.

Neron
Not every business activity requires a license, including your state. If I translate instructions to the form and then fill it out based on the information provided by a customer without providing anytype of legal or financial or medical advice, ii don't need a license according to the law.

Absolutely agree. That is what I previously said. Why did you argue with that, I have no idea.

Дженни
и где там сказано что это нелегально? может испортить ваш кейс - да. нелегально? нет :110:

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Читаем дальше о правилах в Нью-Йорке:

IMMIGRATION ASSISTANCE SERVICE PROVIDER

You are an immigration assistance service provider if you provide any type of service for a fee that relates to customers’ immigration status. This includes filling out immigration forms.

Immigration assistance service providers must follow New York City Law and Rules. Note: The law and rules do not apply to nonprofit groups charging no fees or nominal fees, lawyers, or government agencies.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/images/misc/quick_tips_isp.jpg

Under the law, you must:

Give customers contracts and separate receipts that itemize all services and fees
Maintain a bond, irrevocable letter of credit, or contract of indemnity
Post the following four signs where customers will see them, in both English and any other language in which you provide services:
1. Non-Attorney Disclosure Sign
2. Fee Schedule & Cancellation Policy Sign
3. Consumer Complaint Sign
4. Surety Disclosure Sign
State in all business advertisements that you are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice
Sign each immigration form you prepare for a customer

You may not:

Give customers legal advice, including telling them which immigration forms to file or coaching them for immigration interviews
Tell customers you have special influence with immigration authorities
Keep customers’ original documents, like birth certificates

These tips are only summaries of requirements. You must read the law and rules carefully to get more detailed information about what you must and may not do. See RESOURCES section for the law and rules.
DCA inspects businesses to make sure they comply with requirements

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/business/immigration_service_provider.shtml

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:36 AM
и где там сказано что это нелегально? может испортить ваш кейс - да. нелегально? нет :110:

Правильно -- получать помощь на свой страх и риск легально. Если что-то случится, это твои проблемы. Давать такую помощь могут только аккредитованные организации и адвокаты, как и написано.

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Let we see government explanation:

[h=2]

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0142-immigration-help#helpfillingoutforms

Now look at the source of your citation. Obviously, I need to point out to you that you haven't quoted the law yet, only a general recommendation.

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Правильно -- получать помощь на свой страх и риск легально. Если что-то случится, это твои проблемы. Давать такую помощь могут только аккредитованные организации и адвокаты, как и написано.

In your previous quotation, where doe it say ONLY lawyers and accredited organizations May help youm

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Now look at the source of your citation. Obviously, I need to point out to you that you haven't quoted the law yet, only a general recommendation.

Давай все-таки перейдем на язык этого форума.

Ты сказала погуглать -- я погуглал. Это -- вполне официальная информация, как и любая на сайтах в доменной зоне .gov. Можешь попытаться поспорить. Рыться в статутах или кейс ло ради удовлетворения твоего любопытства я не стану, тем более, что выше ты сама же повторила то, что я сказал пару страницами ранее, и с чем ты так отчаянно спорила.

Вот скажи мне честно: у тебя есть какой-то личный интерес в защите "иммиграционных паралигалов"? Ты сама или кто-то из твоих близких подвизается на этой ниве?

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:44 AM
In your previous quotation, where doe it say ONLY lawyers and accredited organizations May help youm

Папа, где же море? (с) Справочник

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showthread.php?t=76985&p=6486907&viewfull=1#post6486907

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showthread.php?t=76985&p=6486889&viewfull=1#post6486889

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Читаем дальше о правилах в Нью-Йорке:

IMMIGRATION ASSISTANCE SERVICE PROVIDER

You are an immigration assistance service provider if you provide any type of service for a fee that relates to customers’ immigration status. This includes filling out immigration forms.

Immigration assistance service providers must follow New York City Law and Rules. Note: The law and rules do not apply to nonprofit groups charging no fees or nominal fees, lawyers, or government agencies.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/images/misc/quick_tips_isp.jpg

Under the law, you must:

Give customers contracts and separate receipts that itemize all services and fees
Maintain a bond, irrevocable letter of credit, or contract of indemnity
Post the following four signs where customers will see them, in both English and any other language in which you provide services:
1. Non-Attorney Disclosure Sign
2. Fee Schedule & Cancellation Policy Sign
3. Consumer Complaint Sign
4. Surety Disclosure Sign
State in all business advertisements that you are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice
Sign each immigration form you prepare for a customer

You may not:

Give customers legal advice, including telling them which immigration forms to file or coaching them for immigration interviews
Tell customers you have special influence with immigration authorities
Keep customers’ original documents, like birth certificates

These tips are only summaries of requirements. You must read the law and rules carefully to get more detailed information about what you must and may not do. See RESOURCES section for the law and rules.
DCA inspects businesses to make sure they comply with requirements

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/business/immigration_service_provider.shtml

Neron, click on your own link and then scroll down to the link of Ny state law regulafing immigration services, read the paragraph bout prohibited conduct.
If you find anything about using an immigration form, let us know.

Neron
09-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Neron, click on your own link and then scroll down to the link of Ny state law regulafing immigration services, read the paragraph bout prohibited conduct.
If you find anything about using an immigration form, let us know.

Нихачу. Хочешь спорить -- ищи сама и опровергай меня.

elfy
09-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Давай все-таки перейдем на язык этого форума.

Ты сказала погуглать -- я погуглал. Это -- вполне официальная информация, как и любая на сайтах в доменной зоне .gov. Можешь попытаться поспорить. Рыться в статутах или кейс ло ради удовлетворения твоего любопытства я не стану, тем более, что выше ты сама же повторила то, что я сказал пару страницами ранее, и с чем ты так отчаянно спорила.

Вот скажи мне честно: у тебя есть какой-то личный интерес в защите "иммиграционных паралигалов"? Ты сама или кто-то из твоих близких подвизается на этой ниве?

A lawyer would know that various sources of information carry different levels of credibility and legal enforceability. You obviously do not know that in court the text of the law would take precedence over a general recommendation from the portal with extension .gov.
Why are you so concerned if you may have competition? A true professional confident in his knowledge would not worry about that

elfy
09-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Папа, где же море? (с) Справочник

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showthread.php?t=76985&p=6486907&viewfull=1#post6486907

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showthread.php?t=76985&p=6486889&viewfull=1#post6486889

I think you are capable of reading but not comprehending what you read.

Neron
09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
A lawyer would know that various sources of information carry different levels of credibility and legal enforceability. You obviously do not know that in court the text of the law would take precedence over a general recommendation from the portal with extension .gov.
Why are you so concerned if you may have competition? A true professional confident in his knowledge would not worry about that

I think you are capable of reading but not comprehending what you read.

Отвянь, пожалуйста.

elfy
09-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Нихачу. Хочешь спорить -- ищи сама и опровергай меня.

You don't want to look for the information from the link you provided yourself simply because that information is not there. Filling out an immigration form is not prohibited by ny state law regulating immigration service providers.

elfy
09-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Отвянь, пожалуйста.

Say this to your clients when they question your competence. I understand that you spent a good part of your time in this country creating a legend for your asylum case and did not have either time or energy to invest in education. And it's ok, not everyone can be a lawyer. :)

Kit_Kat
09-10-2013, 12:43 PM

И мне! :110:

Kit_Kat
09-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Кстати после гугления....

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Legal/Paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm

What Paralegals and Legal Assistants Do

Paralegals and legal assistants do a variety of tasks to support lawyers, including maintaining and organizing files, conducting legal research, and drafting documents.

Alex_3112
09-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Paralegals and legal assistants do a variety of tasks to support lawyers, including maintaining and organizing files, conducting legal research, and drafting documents.

Drafting documents под руководством адвоката, заметим, а не сами по себе.

Теперь о фактах. Я никогда не слышал о том, чтобы иммиграционного консультанта-паралигала осудили за его деятельность, если при этом он не пытался ввести клиентов в заблуждение.

Vinipux
12-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Доброе время суток всем!
Опишу ситуацию.Я приехал в штаты как студент , потом продлил визу но только трэвл,потом женился.Подали мы доки в мигру сами,ждали долго.Короче что то мы не правильно заполнили.После этого мы какбы разошлись но не развелись.Я отжил там ещё несколько лет пытался её найти но не нашол и уехал.Вот недавно я её обнаружил в соц сетях.Хочу назат в штаты и жена готова всячески мне в этом помогать.Что нам надо делать для этого реально это или нет.
Заранее спасибо.

Neron
12-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Доброе время суток всем!
Опишу ситуацию.Я приехал в штаты как студент , потом продлил визу но только трэвл,потом женился.Подали мы доки в мигру сами,ждали долго.Короче что то мы не правильно заполнили.После этого мы какбы разошлись но не развелись.Я отжил там ещё несколько лет пытался её найти но не нашол и уехал.Вот недавно я её обнаружил в соц сетях.Хочу назат в штаты и жена готова всячески мне в этом помогать.Что нам надо делать для этого реально это или нет.
Заранее спасибо.

Начните с обращения к иммиграционному адвокату, чтобы он выяснил, на каком вы небе, что нарушили, и что за вами числится. План действий можно будет составлять после этого.