PDA

View Full Version : Icelandic Phallological Museum

ßïðàâ
06-15-2013, 11:43 PM
History

Sigurður Hjartarson, founder of the Icelandic Phallological Museum
The museum's founder Sigurður Hjartarson worked as a teacher and principal for 37 years, teaching history and Spanish at Reykjavík's Hamrahlíd College before his retirement.[5] As a child, he owned a bull's penis (or pizzle) which was given to him to use as a cattle whip. He began collecting penises after a friend heard the story of the bull's penis in 1974 and gave him four new ones, three of which Sigurður gave to friends. Acquaintances at whaling stations began bringing him whale penises as well, and the collection grew from there, expanding through donations and acquisitions from various sources around Iceland.[6]

The organs of farm animals came from abattoirs, while fishermen supplied those of seals and the smaller whales. The penises of larger whales came from commercial whaling stations, although this source dried up after the International Whaling Commission implemented a global ban on commercial whaling in 1986. Sigurður was able to continue to collect whale penises by harvesting them from the 12–16 whales that fall victim to stranding on the Icelandic coast each year.[6] He also obtained the penis of a polar bear shot by fishermen who found the animal drifting on pack ice off the Westfjords.[2] He was assisted by his family, though not without some occasional embarrassment. His daughter Þorgerður recalls that she was once sent to a slaughterhouse to collect a specimen but arrived just as the workers were taking a lunch break: "Someone asked, 'What's in the basket?' I had to say, 'I'm collecting a frozen goat penis.' After that I said, 'I will never collect for you again.'"[7] According to Sigurður, "Collecting penises is like collecting anything. You can never stop, you can never catch up, you can always get a new one, a better one."

ßïðàâ
06-17-2013, 05:59 PM

ßïðàâ
06-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Õîòèòå ñêàçàòü ÷òî âàì íå èíòåðåñíà ýòà òåìà?