PDA

View Full Version : "Back In The USSR" @ Avalon Dec. 26th

KoPromotions
12-19-2009, 02:55 PM
http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=33640&d=1261256062

Join us on Saturday December 26th 2009 to celebrate ONE year Anniversary of "BACK IN THE USSR" events at "Avalon" club with Top DJ's from Russia .

Hosted by Irene Nelson "Reflex" & Raven Lexy
World famos russian DJ
Bobina (Moscow) number 16 in the world
DJ Feel (St. Peterburg) number 30 in the world
special guests: Dj Angeline, Dj Matuss and Dj Martin Sky

DJ BOBINA - Moscow (number 16 in the WORLD) and DJ Feel - St Petersburg (number 30 in the WORLD) headlining the Main Dance Floor in Club AVALON (Hollywood) along with DJ Matuss

Bobina - the first Russian DJ to enter the DJmag Top 100 poll - is rapidly becoming a superstar in Russia, and beyond, with his icy new trance configurations. It's been a particularly strong year for the Russian contender, aka Dmitry Almazov, with the release of his album 'Again' catapulting him to fame in his native land and piquing the interest of trancers worldwide. "It's been a very good year and very busy. 'Again' has sold around 40,000 copies in Russia to date and I'm starting the new phase of my Russia Goes Clubbing radio show, which has just been syndicated to a major FM station here in Russia," Bobina reveals. But there's no rest for the wicked and he's already getting his teeth into some brand new remixes of cuts from the album. "I am hard at work on special new mixes of some tracks from the 'Again' album, adding a completely different angle to the versions that currently feature on there." With regular gigs all over Russia and prestigious guest slots at the likes of Amnesia, Ibiza, Bobina's diary is already chock-a-block with 2009 shaping up to be even bigger. "I've got a new single 'Spinning' out on Maelstrom/Newstate UK now and the album 'Again: Remixed' is out early in 2009," says Bobina.

DJ Feel is the man who almost single-handedly exposed the Russian masses to the sounds of trance through his hugely popular Trancemission radio show, as well as nurturing the nation's upcoming producers through his label of the same name. "When I started my DJ career people in Russia didn't have the possibility to use the internet and my show on Radio Record was the only window for trance music," he explains. "During eight years we became a huge family trying to support each other."Feel, aka Philip Belikov, first fell in love with electronic music through the sounds of Blank & Jones, Ferry Corsten and Paul van Dyk. "Trance is produced by many talented people," he believes. "Yes, sometimes it sounds too underground, sometimes too dull: it is less democratic than house music. You have to listen to trance to understand it. House music is the background to your life, it's good for every dancefloor, but trance is more complicated, you have to be in it. Chicks don't like trance but still, it is the greatest music!" Feel is also an official Russian Ambassador for the world organisation 'Dance4Life' and his global recognition is deserved given his many years of grass roots work in his homeland. The coming months will bring a Feel artist album, more work on his second project with famous Russian vocalist Julya Pago, and more ambassadorial roles. If you haven't already, we're sure you'll be Feeling him before long. (www.djmag.com © 2009)

On December 26th Bobina and Feel will be spinning at the club formerly known worldwide as "The Palace". This club has been recently restored to its original Hollywood-era glory by Boston-based nightclub impresarios, the Lyons Group. Teeming throngs line up each Friday night to party with Hollywood's hip-hop hedonists, and Saturday nights, to boogie down to techno most sublime. If there was any doubt that Avalon meant business, their recent installation of UK electronic wunder-act Hybrid as resident DJs went some way toward shutting up the skeptics. Located across the street from the landmark Capitol Records building, this fun, sweaty MEGACLUB has a main floor with an 800-person capacity, three bars, a smoker-friendly patio where smaller-name deejays mix it up and an upper balcony with additional opera box seating. A-listers have claimed their stake over the upstairs exclusive VIP Bardot (formerly Spider Club), but Avalon holds its own as one of Hollywood's hottest party spots and was voted BEST OF LA “BIG TIME” CLUB by LA’s Weekly’s. It’s got 4 Rooms of music with the worlds best DJ’s spinning on the main dance floor. This is the only club in Hollywood open until 7am and it’s got best sound system on the West Coast.

GIRLS ARE FREE BEFORE 11:30PM ON THE GUESTLIST.

When: December 26th at 10pm

Where: AVALON Hollywood

1735 Vine Street Hollywood, CA 90028

for guestlist or bottle service: www.KoPromotion.com or 310.801.9122