PDA

View Full Version : Motivational Quotes

untamed
07-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Жизнь иногда предлагает сюпризы... и не всегда приятные.
Мудрые слова, сказанные вовремя, могут поднять настроение, помочь преодолевать трудности...
Предлагаю помещать сюда Motivational Quotes, Inspirational stories, которые вам помогли, или просто нравятся.

When things go wrong...

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint on the clouds of doubt,
And you can never tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

—Unknown

Буржуй
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in." (c) Wayne Gretzky

untamed
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Crazy self-analysis, or Caterpillar story.

Last night it was my first meeting with a new support group at the Cancer Center. Before I was attending another group but the facilitator advised me to go to a mix group she just started with recovered, and recovering..., and not recovering...
The pain everybody brought in was intense but quiet, without heart braking tears, and self pity. Patients came with their relatives…
People are dying, and in spite of fatigue, physical pain, and sorrow of losing life, losing loved ones they trying to make the best of it. I was surrounded by this beautiful, strong, spiritual people, and I who had recovered, and in the beginning felt joy, and euphoria from the second chance was given me lately started feeling the pressure of life, and life became a burden.
“Second chance my foot” – I was thinking. Same problems callously interfered to my life making me feel like drowning.
“God, what kind of lesson are you trying to teach me? Aren’t you going to help me? What do you want me to do?????” - I wanted to shout. Instead I was smiling to everyone, and was showing the best, uplifting, positive attitude I could possibly show.
We all are wearing these masks of happiness, and well-being… Why are we afraid to show that we are tearing apart inside? Shedding tears inside but with smiles on our faces outside? Are we afraid to look sincere, or weak? Are we afraid to be judged? When it became a fashion to be like robots?
That’s how I felt going to that support group meeting. I was literally stunned by intelligence of my new friends, their calm demeanor, their acceptance of reality, and yet some of them were talking about their future funeral, and strangely it was NOT DEPRESSING.
I remembered my early morning experience sitting on my patio, and enjoying fresh crispy morning with a cup of coffee in my hand, and a dog, and a cat by my side feeling united with nature, and being a part of that…
Then I saw a caterpillar. It was fuzzy, multicolored caterpillar, so beautiful, and amazing. It drew my total attention, I was compelled by a moment, and suddenly a bird dropped down on a caterpillar, and started pocking it, trying to pick it up.
The caterpillar, I swear, did speed up, trying to “run” to a safe bush, and the bird kept unsuccessfully pocking it trying to pick it up. The struggle was finally over. 1:0 to caterpillar! Yes!
I was happy that caterpillar made its escape.
Suddenly I thought that I am that caterpillar, and the bird was my disease, and I got away just like that caterpillar.
I shared my “Caterpillar story” with my new friends. I saw smiles on everybody’s faces, and it felt great!!!

Recently I decided to create mental jewel box where I put in treasures. Since I was given a second chance I am going to fill my jewel box with morning dew on a grass, with a sunrise in the spring, with birds chirping on sunrise, with a sound of the ocean… with smiles of loved once.
Tonight I am going to put in my “Caterpillar story” in my jewel box.

I wish you all Love, and Peace.
Yours truly,
M

untamed
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~ Muhammad Ali

untamed
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
"Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby."~ George Bernard Shaw in "Pygmalion"
It is called the Pygmalion effect and it's a fact: If you expect the worst, you get it. Thoughts are not just insubstantial bits of information that enter our minds and fade away into the ether; thoughts are concrete things. Our words, ideas, and beliefs shape our daily lives. So get out of victim mode. You are worthy. Your dreams are within your reach. Imagine positive situations with happy outcomes.

Instead of asking yourself, "Well, what's the worst thing that can happen?" Ask yourself, "What's the best thing that can happen?" Expect the best! :v::leader:

untamed
08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Любовь – моя истинная и глубочайшая природа.

Я живу в гармонии с энергией любви. Любовь придает мне энергии во всех моих начинаниях.

Любовь помогает мне увидеть новые возможности.

Любовь созидает фундамент моего счастья.

Цитата на сегодня: Будьте песнью любви для вашей вселенной. Брэд Дженсен

Akela
08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
If it works - don't fix it.

anna salinas
08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

untamed
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
МОЛИТВА
Боже, научи меня любить
Все вокруг: людей, животных, звезды.
Все обиды помоги забыть -
Жить с обидой в сердце невозможно.
Боже, помоги мне быть сильней,
И шагать по сложной жизни смело.
Боже, помоги мне быть умней,
Чтоб бороться с трудностью умело.
Боже, помоги мне быть добрей,
Ведь добро на свете много значит.
Позови в родной мой дом друзей,
Пожелай нам всем найти удачу!
Боже, дай здоровья, свежих сил!
Отгони болезни все и хвори,
От беды родных моих спаси,
Чтобы жизнь прожить могли без боли...
Боже, дай терпения и веры,
Одари счастливою улыбкой,
Я в любви к тебе не знаю меры,
Так прости за все мои ошибки...

untamed
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Those who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77j9Eu3TWkQ&feature=fvw

anna salinas
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Как говорила Скарлетт "Я не буду думать об этом сегодня, я подумаю об этом завтра".

peterburger
08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
"Не торпись решать проблему. Мелкие подчастую самоустраняются а крупные никуда не убегут. " (ц)

untamed
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I release the past with ease and trust the process of life

Ruta
08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Вот недавно друзья прислали. Никогда не мешает подобную истину перечитать заново:

Мы уверяем себя, что наша жизнь станет лучше, когда поженимся, когда
родится первый ребенок, второй. После нас расстраивает, что дети слишком
малы для одного, для прочего, и думаем, что все изменится, когда они
подрастут. Далее, нас раздражает их отношение, когда они становятся
подростками. Уверяем себя, что все придет в норму, когда они повзрослеют.
Надеемся, что станем себя чувствовать лучше, когда ваш супруг / супруга
решит свои проблемы, когда проведем незабываемые каникулы, когда не должны
будем работать. Но мы не проживаем эту жизнь в данный момент, радуясь ей,
так когда мы будем это делать? Нам всегда нужны трудности любого характера.
А ведь достаточно, принять как данность и решить для себя - быть
счастливым, несмотря ни на что.
Альфред Соуза как-то сказал: Долгое время я думал, что рано пришел в
данный мир, настоящий мир! Всегда были преграды, которые всегда надо было
переходить, всегда было что-то нерешенное, какая-нибудь мелочь, для которой
не хватало времени, не отданные долги. Т.е. это не та жизнь - не
настоящая! Но в конце в концов я осознал, ведь эти преграды и есть жизнь.

Данный способ восприятия вещей помогает понять, что нет средства быть счастливым, само счастье - это средство!
Следовательно, вкушайте каждый момент вашей жизни, вкушайте вдвойне, так
как вы еще можете поделиться этим с дорогим вам человеком, с которым вы бы
хотели прожить эти дорогие минуты жизни рука об руку, и помните, что время
не ждет! И так, не ждите, когда окончите школу, когда захотите вернуться
туда, скинете 5 кг, наберете 5 кг, когда родятся дети, ждать, когда они
покинут дом. Хватит ждать, когда начнете работать, когда уйдете на пенсию,
когда женитесь, разведетесь. Не ждите вечера пятницы, утра воскресенья, покупки
новой машины, новой квартиры. Не ждите весны, лета, осени, зимы. Минуты
счастья - драгоценны, это не конечный пункт путешествия, а само
путешествие. Работайте - не только ради денег, любите - не в ожидании
расставаний. Танцуйте - не обращая внимания на взгляды.

untamed
08-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Вот недавно друзья прислали. Никогда не мешает подобную истину перечитать заново:

Мы уверяем себя, что наша жизнь станет лучше, когда поженимся, когда
родится первый ребенок, второй. После нас расстраивает, что дети слишком
малы для одного, для прочего, и думаем, что все изменится, когда они
подрастут. Далее, нас раздражает их отношение, когда они становятся
подростками. Уверяем себя, что все придет в норму, когда они повзрослеют.
Надеемся, что станем себя чувствовать лучше, когда ваш супруг / супруга
решит свои проблемы, когда проведем незабываемые каникулы, когда не должны
будем работать. Но мы не проживаем эту жизнь в данный момент, радуясь ей,
так когда мы будем это делать? Нам всегда нужны трудности любого характера.
А ведь достаточно, принять как данность и решить для себя - быть
счастливым, несмотря ни на что.
Альфред Соуза как-то сказал: Долгое время я думал, что рано пришел в
данный мир, настоящий мир! Всегда были преграды, которые всегда надо было
переходить, всегда было что-то нерешенное, какая-нибудь мелочь, для которой
не хватало времени, не отданные долги. Т.е. это не та жизнь - не
настоящая! Но в конце в концов я осознал, ведь эти преграды и есть жизнь.

Данный способ восприятия вещей помогает понять, что нет средства быть счастливым, само счастье - это средство!
Следовательно, вкушайте каждый момент вашей жизни, вкушайте вдвойне, так
как вы еще можете поделиться этим с дорогим вам человеком, с которым вы бы
хотели прожить эти дорогие минуты жизни рука об руку, и помните, что время
не ждет! И так, не ждите, когда окончите школу, когда захотите вернуться
туда, скинете 5 кг, наберете 5 кг, когда родятся дети, ждать, когда они
покинут дом. Хватит ждать, когда начнете работать, когда уйдете на пенсию,
когда женитесь, разведетесь. Не ждите вечера пятницы, утра воскресенья, покупки
новой машины, новой квартиры. Не ждите весны, лета, осени, зимы. Минуты
счастья - драгоценны, это не конечный пункт путешествия, а само
путешествие. Работайте - не только ради денег, любите - не в ожидании
расставаний. Танцуйте - не обращая внимания на взгляды.

:ladush:
Прекрасно сказано!

untamed
08-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Loving and being loved is the greatest of human joys, the ultimate human experience. We can exist without love, but we are not living fully as human beings without it...Edward E Ford

untamed
08-07-2009, 06:56 PM
"It’s not what happens to you, but how you handle it. If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If the lemons are rotten, take out the seeds and plant them in order to grow new lemons." - Louise L. Hay

untamed
08-07-2009, 06:57 PM
"Each thought is precious. We can learn to think in positive affirmations. Yes, it takes a bit of doing to gain control over our thoughts; however, the rewards are tremendous. The past has no power over us. Even problems have no power over us. Our power lies in the thoughts that we choose to think today. Remember, there are endless opportunities for good before us." - Louise L. Hay

Aurbo
08-07-2009, 06:58 PM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

What doesn't kill you - makes you suffer
Practise makes you tired

Ruta
08-07-2009, 08:20 PM
"Еач тхоугхт ис прециоус. Ще цан леарн то тхинк ин поситиве аффирматионс. Ыес, ит такес а бит оф доинг то гаин цонтрол овер оур тхоугхтс; хощевер, тхе рещардс аре тремендоус. Тхе паст хас но пощер овер ус. Евен проблемс хаве но пощер овер ус. Оур пощер лиес ин тхе тхоугхтс тхат ще чоосе то тхинк тодаы. Ремембер, тхере аре ендлесс оппортунитиес фор гоод бефоре ус." - Лоуисе Л. Хаы

Я слушала как-то диск с ее лекциями. Многим помогает настроиться на позитив, особенно у кого проблемы в жизни серьезные, или болезни тяжелые.

untamed
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Я слушала как-то диск с ее лекциями. Многим помогает настроиться на позитив, особенно у кого проблемы в жизни серьезные, или болезни тяжелые.

Да, она многим помогла и помогает. Она создала фундаментальную организацию. Louise Hay House.
http://www.hayhouse.com/event_search.php?format_id=7&is_browse_search=1&search_or_results=results&searchType=browse&events_and_or_tours=tours

-Helena-
08-08-2009, 02:32 AM
МОЛИТВА
Боже, научи меня любить
Все вокруг: людей, животных, звезды.
Все обиды помоги забыть -
Жить с обидой в сердце невозможно.
Боже, помоги мне быть сильней,
И шагать по сложной жизни смело.
Боже, помоги мне быть умней,
Чтоб бороться с трудностью умело.
Боже, помоги мне быть добрей,
Ведь добро на свете много значит.
Позови в родной мой дом друзей,
Пожелай нам всем найти удачу!
Боже, дай здоровья, свежих сил!
Отгони болезни все и хвори,
От беды родных моих спаси,
Чтобы жизнь прожить могли без боли...
Боже, дай терпения и веры,
Одари счастливою улыбкой,
Я в любви к тебе не знаю меры,
Так прости за все мои ошибки...

мне панравилась...переписала себе...:lip:

untamed
08-08-2009, 05:43 AM
мне панравилась...переписала себе...:lip:

Спасибо.
Я скопировала это с закрытого форума Рейки.

untamed
08-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Louise L. Hay "Gratitude brings more to be grateful about. Today I am grateful."

Ruta
08-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Лоуисе Л. Хаы "Гратитуде брингс море то бе гратефул абоут. Тодаы И ам гратефул."

Если тебе нравится ее подход, я тебе еще посоветую кое-что (может ты уже читала):
Susan Jeffers "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway"
Nevada Barr "Seeking Enlightenment Hat by Hat"

untamed
08-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Если тебе нравится ее подход, я тебе еще посоветую кое-что (может ты уже читала):
Susan Jeffers "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway"
Nevada Barr "Seeking Enlightenment Hat by Hat"

Спасибо. Почитаю. :lip:

untamed
08-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer"Did you know that the Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life philosophy can not only make positive changes in our lives, but those of our beloved four-legged companions as well?"

untamed
08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.californiawomen.org/assets/Uploads/christiane-n.jpg

Dr. Christiane Northrup "Celebrate every relationship you've ever had. For better or worse, your relationships are your best teachers. And on a soul level, you've attracted each and every one of them so you can learn and grow."

untamed
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Никогда не бойся делать то чего не умешь: ибо ковчег построен любителем, а профессионалы строили "Титаник".

untamed
08-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Целься в Луну. Даже если промахнешься, всё равно окажешься среди звёзд.

nefertiti
08-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Сорри, если offtop :)
бывают смешные надписи на футболкax
недавно видела такое: шел по улице где-то 400 пудовый нёрд, лет 14- 15... и надпись на футболке была:
"Hey, voices in my head! Stop arguing and screaming, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip one more time"

untamed
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Сорри, если offtop :)
бывают смешные надписи на футболкax
недавно видела такое: шел по улице где-то 400 пудовый нёрд, лет 14- 15... и надпись на футболке была:
"Hey, voices in my head! Stop arguing and screaming, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip one more time"

:grum::grum:

Ruta
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Сорри, если оффтоп :)
бывают смешные надписи на футболках
"Хеы, воицес ин мы хеад! Стоп аргуинг анд сцреаминг, ор Иьлл стаб ёу щитх а Э-тип оне море тиме"

понравилось :grum:

untamed
09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
♥ The love in our lives begins with us. ♥ "I love myself; therefore, I behave and think in a loving way to all people for I know that which I give out returns to me multiplied. I only attract loving people in my world, for ...they are a mirror of what I am." Louise L. Hay

untamed
10-01-2009, 01:18 PM
"Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings."

Elie Weisel

untamed
10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
"Fall seven times, stand up eight."

Japanese proverb

untamed
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM
"Prosperity is not without many fears and disasters; and adversity is not without comforts and hopes."

Francis Bacon

untamed
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM
"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines."

Robert Schuller

untamed
10-01-2009, 01:21 PM
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

untamed
12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
"You’ve been provided with a perfect body to house your soul for a few brief moments in eternity. So regardless of its size, shape, color, or any imagined infirmities, you can honor the temple that houses you by eating healthfully, exercising, listening to your body’s needs, and treating it with dignity and love." - Dr. Wayne Dyer

nefertiti
12-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Not exactly "motivational", but a quote...

"Listen; I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But ... it also means I keep my options open..."

untamed
12-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Not exactly "motivational", but a quote...

:grum:

Adrina
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
If you can dream it, you can do it.(Walt Disney)

nefertiti
04-10-2010, 04:13 AM
a quote:

http://www.famouswhy.com/ddd/images/lists/thumbs_small/Brad_Pitt.jpegBrad Pitt:
"Do you know how to tell real love? Its when someone's best interest trumps your own".

nefertiti
11-19-2010, 12:24 AM
“Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "no - I want magenta!"
John Mayer (American pop music Singer and Song Writer).

nefertiti
06-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Вот, мне написали в репу. Очень понравилось...

sometimes i wonder how little i know you. i know-and i don't. other people-i probably don't know them at all.Wuthering Heights.

И вот ещё одна из моих любимых цитат...

Mainly, happiness is not "having what you like", but "liking what you have".

untamed
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need.
Voltaire

It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Storms make oaks take roots.
Proverb

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle

If the wind will not serve,
take to the oars.
Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe
Latin Proverb

Маня
06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
* Just accept that, some days, you're the pigeon: and, some days, you're the statue.

* Always keep your words soft and sweet - just in case you have to eat them.

* Always wear stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be "recalled" by their maker.

* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to be kind to others.

* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

* The second mouse gets the cheese.

* When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

* Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

* You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

* We could learn a lot from crayons... Some are sharp; some are pretty; and some are dull. Some have weird names; and all are different colours; but they all have to live in the same box.

*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

untamed
06-17-2011, 08:06 PM
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
:ladush: :good:

nefertiti
06-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Это- не все поймут... Но всё же...
“There is a beast in man that needs to be excersised, not exorcised.”

untamed
06-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Это- не все поймут... Но всё же...
“There is a beast in man that needs to be excersised, not exorcised.”

Все верно, так оно и есть.

noodles
06-17-2011, 11:36 PM
"My rookie days are over,
My pilot light is out
What used to be my sex appeal
Is now my water spout

Time was, when of its own accord
From my trousers it would spring
But now I have a full-time job
To find the blasted thing

It used to be embarrassing
The way it would behave,
For every single morning,
It would stand and watch me shave

But as old age approaches
It sure gives me the blues
To see it hang its withered head
And watch me tie my shoes"

(с)

Maine_Coon
06-18-2011, 12:54 AM
"My rookie days are over,
My pilot light is out
What used to be my sex appeal
Is now my water spout

Time was, when of its own accord
From my trousers it would spring
But now I have a full-time job
To find the blasted thing

It used to be embarrassing
The way it would behave,
For every single morning,
It would stand and watch me shave

But as old age approaches
It sure gives me the blues
To see it hang its withered head
And watch me tie my shoes"

(с)

Браво.
Сколько двоек поставили сегодня хорошеньким студенткам?

noodles
06-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Браво.
Сколько двоек поставили сегодня хорошеньким студенткам?

Добрый вечер! Одну красавицу просто вежливо попросил придти следующий раз по причине полной некомпетентности. Четыре пятерки поставил автоматом по итогам работы и участия в научной работе кафедры.

Maine_Coon
06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Добрый вечер! Одну красавицу просто вежливо попросил придти следующий раз по причине полной некомпетентности. Четыре пятерки поставил автоматом по итогам работы и участия в научной работе кафедры.
(краснеет) Добрый вечер, профессор!

Всего одну, значит. Ну, это мало.

noodles
06-18-2011, 01:40 AM
(краснеет) Добрый вечер, профессор!

Всего одну, значит. Ну, это мало.

Мы - к вам, профессор, и вот по какому делу ...:leader:

Maine_Coon
06-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Мы - к вам, профессор, и вот по какому делу ...:leader:

Знаете ли, профессор, если бы вы не были европейским светилом, и за вас не заступались бы самым возмутительным образом лица, которых мы еще разьясним, вас следовало бы арестовать.

noodles
06-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Знаете ли, профессор, если бы вы не были европейским светилом, и за вас не заступались бы самым возмутительным образом лица, которых мы еще разьясним, вас следовало бы арестовать.

Меня тоже следовало бы арестовать, потому что я тоже не люблю пролетариат, точнее люблю только одного пролетария Колю Садовникова, сбойщика тары из ЛОМО, поскольку он занимается философией Сартра и пишет эссэ по математической этике:)

untamed
06-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Меня тоже следовало бы арестовать, потому что я тоже не люблю пролетариат, точнее люблю только одного пролетария Колю Садовникова, сбойщика тары из ЛОМО, поскольку он занимается философией Сартра и пишет эссэ по математической этике:)

Пролетариат любить трудно. Может быть, я сноб, но считаю, что классы не должны смешиваться. Ничего хорошего из этого никогда не выходило и не выйдет.

noodles
06-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Пролетариат любить трудно. Может быть, я сноб, но считаю, что классы не должны смешиваться. Ничего хорошего из этого никогда не выходило и не выйдет.

Только на рыбалке:)

untamed
06-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Только на рыбалке:)

А зачем на рыбалке кто-нибудь, кроме собаки нужен? Там тишина нужна. Может быть, я устаю от людей на работе, и после работы мне нужна тишина.

Screw101
06-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Does that mean you never pee with the peons?:wink1:

"If there's hope it lies with the proles"(c). George Orwell. "1984".

Screw101
06-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Here's a motivational quote for you:

"The truest characters of ignorance are hubris, vanity, elitism and arrogance".:devo:

untamed
06-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Does that mean you never pee with the peons?:wink1:"If there's hope it lies with the proles"(c). George Orwell. "1984".
Where?
The English words peon and peonage were derived from the Spanish word, and have a variety of meanings related to the Spanish usages, as well as some other meanings. In the English-speaking world in general, the term peon is used colloquially to mean a person with little authority, often assigned unskilled or drudgerous tasks; an underling. In this sense, peon can be used in either a derogatory or self-effacing context.
There are several ways in which the word is used:
American English: in a historical and legal sense, peon generally only had the meaning of someone working in an unfree labor system (known as peonage). The word often implied debt bondage and/or indentured servitude.
See also: Black Codes in the USA
South Asian English: a peon is usually an office boy, an attendant, or an orderly, a person kept around for odd jobs (and, historically, a policeman or foot soldier). In an unrelated South Asian sense, "peon" may also be an alternative spelling for the poon tree (genus Calophyllum) or its wood, especially when used in boat-building.
Shanghai: among native Chinese working in firms where English is often spoken, the word has been phonetically reinterpreted as "pee-on", again a reference to a worker with little authority suffering indignities from superiors.
Computing slang: a peon is an "unprivileged user"—a person without special privileges on a computer system. The other extreme is "superuser."
Financial trading slang: a peon is a term used to describe a market participant who trades in derisorily small size, alternatively used to describe a small account.

untamed
06-18-2011, 02:50 PM

"The truest characters of ignorance are hubris, vanity, elitism and arrogance".:devo:

:rofl: Thank you!
But! Это - не motivational quote.
А тема называется как?

If there's hope it lies with the proles (c) :rofl:

noodles
06-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Скру, дружище - обожаю элитарность и элиту:) наверно я невежественный:)

Screw101
06-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Where?

Peons, proles, plebs, hoi polloi...

untamed
06-18-2011, 02:57 PM
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.
(Henry David Thoreau)

untamed
06-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Peons, proles, plebs, hoi polloi...

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showpost.php?p=5011149&postcount=64

untamed
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
(Thomas Jefferson)

untamed
06-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
(Albert Einstein)

Screw101
06-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Скру, дружище - обожаю элитарность и элиту:) наверно я невежественный:)

Dude, here in America pretentious elitism is often synonimous with "Euro-trash"...:)

Screw101
06-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Elitism:

A state of delusion in which one (The elitist) believes oneself - and a small group with whom one assosciates - to be less incompetent or more useful than the rest of society.:devo:

untamed
06-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Dude, here in America pretentious elitism is often synonimous with "Euro-trash"...:)

Скрю, ты выучил эту фразу, и толкаешь ее везде, надо, или не надо, не всегда зная, где и как ее применить. :rofl:
Боюсь, ты не совсем понимаешь, о чем говоришь.
Или не совсем понял, о чем идет речь. :wink1:

То, что ты называешь pretentious elitism, не видя человека, не говорит в товю пользу, извини.

untamed
06-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Elitism:

A state of delusion in which one (The elitist) believes oneself - and a small group with whom one assosciates - to be less incompetent or more useful than the rest of society.
:devo:

Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elite — a select group of people with intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views and/or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern

А ты понимаешь, что, критикуя других, ты ставишь себя выше, и твои посты могут быть вполне легко адресованы тебе самому? :wink1:

Screw101
06-18-2011, 03:33 PM

Только за этот пост можно потерять всякое уважение к человеку.
I am sorry. But you ARE a pretentious elitst.

untamed
06-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Только за этот пост можно потерять всякое уважение к человеку.
I am sorry. But you ARE a pretentious elitst.

Хвалу и клевету приемли равнодушно, и не оспоривай глупца. (А.Пушкин).

Alechko
06-18-2011, 07:27 PM
I only see the objective… the obstacle must give way.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Adrina
06-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Вот [motivational quote], use it!

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=50792&stc=1&d=1308443737

Маня
06-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Хм... это не motivational quote, a, скорее, о motivational quotes:

"Did you ever hear one of those corny, positive messages on someone's answering machine? 'Hi, it's a great day and I'm out enjoying it right now. I hope you are too. The thought for the day is share the love. Beep.' 'Uh, yeah, this is the VD clinic… speaking of being positive, your test is back. Stop sharing the love."
— Andy Rooney
:)

Maine_Coon
06-19-2011, 01:31 AM

"Did you ever hear one of those corny, positive messages on someone's answering machine? 'Hi, it's a great day and I'm out enjoying it right now. I hope you are too. The thought for the day is share the love. Beep.' 'Uh, yeah, this is the VD clinic… speaking of being positive, your test is back. Stop sharing the love."
— Andy Rooney

:rofl:

untamed
06-19-2011, 10:07 AM

— Andy Rooney

:grum:

Да, это раньше, когда не было еще мобильных телефонов, то люди изощрялись в изобретательности оригинальных, необычных, and corny messages. Звонишь кому-нибудь, слушаешь, как дети выговорят фразы, которые приготовили им родители, как всей семьей пропоют что-то, затем расскажут, что их нет дома, и по какой причине, и, когда вернутся...

Так и думается: как легко грабителям работать в такой обстановке. :rofl:

untamed
06-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Thinking
If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think you dare not, you don't,
If you like to win, but you think you can't
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!
- Walter D. Wintle - 1905

Alechko
06-19-2011, 11:03 AM
слишком длинно чтоб быть [quote]

untamed
06-19-2011, 11:17 AM
слишком длинно чтоб быть [quote]

Согласно, но здесь каждую строчку можно брать, как quote.

untamed
06-19-2011, 11:18 AM
слишком длинно чтоб быть quote

Согласно, но здесь каждую строчку-две можно брать, как quote.
Одна из них:
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.

nefertiti
06-19-2011, 01:51 PM
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnengut

Alechko
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
а вот еще одна работает на 200%, even two
THE super quotes:

* Don’t judge those who try and fail, judge those who fail to try

* Failing to plan is planning to fail

даже не знаю чьи они :rolleyes:

untamed
06-19-2011, 02:14 PM
а вот еще одна работает на 200%, even two
THE super quotes:

* Don’t judge those who try and fail, judge those who fail to try

* Failing to plan is planning to fail

даже не знаю чьи они :rolleyes:

Хорошие цитаты.

Что значит не знаешь? :confused:

Alechko
06-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Хорошие цитаты.

Что значит не знаешь? :цонфусед:

цитаты знаю а кто афтор не знаю

untamed
06-19-2011, 08:20 PM
цитаты знаю а кто афтор не знаю

Так ли это важно? :wink1:

Alechko
06-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Так ли это важно? :щинк1:

просто интересно,
одну вроде Черчилль сказал

nefertiti
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
"Choose well. Choice is brief yet endless". Goethe

nefertiti
09-23-2011, 01:32 AM
" I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." Mark Twain.

untamed
09-24-2011, 05:32 PM
"He that embarks on the voyage of life will always wish to advance rather by the impulse of the wind than the strokes of the oar; and many fold in their passage; while they lie waiting for the gale."

~Samuel Johnson

Adrina
09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
:tongue:

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/sqacct7/singleisnotastatus.jpg

Adrina
09-24-2011, 08:20 PM
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/sqacct7/takerisksbehappystaypositive.jpg

Adrina
09-24-2011, 08:30 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liypdrVmDj1qanpw1o1_500.png

untamed
09-24-2011, 08:32 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liypdrVmDj1qanpw1o1_500.png

Мне понравилось.

untamed
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.smashingtube.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Inspirational-Quotes-4.jpg

untamed
02-09-2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.yourlifeyourway.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Dreamthisday.com_.jpg

untamed
02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
http://photos.dreamthisday.com/ford-believe.jpg

Alechko
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
не совсем motivational
don't act smart, be smart!

untamed
08-17-2012, 12:55 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482114_10151343713384829_115046646_n.jpg

untamed
10-20-2012, 11:33 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579278_451357144907480_1998253101_n.jpg

untamed
10-20-2012, 11:34 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554169_449334448443083_1142218722_n.jpg

untamed
10-20-2012, 11:35 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485882_447317565311438_161935699_n.jpg

untamed
10-20-2012, 11:39 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/76795_444014575641737_970114696_n.jpg

untamed
10-20-2012, 11:41 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/377362_443150329061495_1009116407_n.jpg

untamed
10-20-2012, 11:42 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/229246_443149105728284_936843647_n.jpg

anna salinas
10-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Извините что на русском, но именно эта фраза помогает мне идти по жизни:

"Требуй от себя невоможного и получишь максимум".

untamed
10-21-2012, 03:08 PM

Ничего, здесь можно на обоих языках.

Классная фраза. :182:

untamed
10-24-2012, 12:19 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/3612_357095201046837_730426275_n.jpg

untamed
10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/615_357089281047429_1684066809_n.jpg

untamed
10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554203_357083067714717_1308164139_n.jpg

crazy-mike
10-24-2012, 02:27 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554203_357083067714717_1308164139_n.jpg
http://i1.i.ua/prikol/thumb/6/6/531766.jpg
http://www.newfresh.name/img/00099/00157/15-08-2012-2.jpg

crazy-mike
10-24-2012, 02:40 AM

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue/files/2007/09/l62858-2.jpg

crazy-mike
10-24-2012, 04:31 AM
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/mike-office/_myphoto/i-2107.jpg

untamed
10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Крэзи майк, будь любезен, не засоряй опять тему.
То, что ты сюда ставишь, не имеет никакого отношения к Motivational Quotes.

crazy-mike
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Крэзи майк, будь любезен, не засоряй опять тему.
То, что ты сюда ставишь, не имеет никакого отношения к Motivational Quotes.
самое прямое отношение имеет , между прочим ( бум-бум гештальт - оно даже так когда-то называлось ). Только это чуть из другой "психологической школы" ( из конкурирующего направления ). :101:
P.S. А от "твоих благочестиво-нравоучительных картинок в кальвинистком духе" ( и особенно от лозунгов , которые когда-то в коридорах казарм скорее всего висели ) даже монашке-кармелитке захочется удрать на шабаш к ведьмам.

untamed
10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
самое прямое отношение имеет , между прочим ( бум-бум гештальт - оно даже так когда-то называлось ). Только это чуть из другой "психологической школы" ( из конкурирующего направления ). :101:
P.S. А от "твоих благочестиво-нравоучительных картинок в кальвинистком духе" ( и особенно от лозунгов , которые когда-то в коридорах казарм скорее всего висели ) даже монашке-кармелитке захочется удрать на шабаш к ведьмам.

Так никто тебя и не заставляет читать эту тему. Можешь "удирать", куда угодно.
До свидания. :271:

crazy-mike
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
До свидания. :271:
Ктулху фхтагн! :301:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6250/998/1600/RIP.png

untamed
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562580_517040921686206_324058213_n.jpg

untamed
05-06-2013, 10:38 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/67916_509280925795539_1637072773_n.jpg

untamed
05-06-2013, 10:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/383152_509274382462860_559759558_n.jpg

untamed
05-06-2013, 10:41 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/485147_509185309138434_1848509773_n.jpg

untamed
05-06-2013, 10:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/150146_508946582495640_1356941720_n.jpg

untamed
05-06-2013, 10:46 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401291_504439029613062_1136386217_n.jpg