PDA

View Full Version : I need your help!

Ankatysh
02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I have J1 - Au-Pair. Visa expiration day -27 Aug 2008.
I want to get student visa - F1. My college starts - May 8, 2008.So I am going to change my status. The question is - what country is the best to do it : Ukraine or USA. I prefer Ukraine of course as I would get many-entries visa, what would be great. But I am scared that my home embassy can ask me why I changed my mind to be Au-Pair... I mean they "could" not let me to go to America again:(. To change my status here - is more easier way, but I will not get visa, I will get just a papers to make my status - student -F1. And after some time when I want to visit my family I will NEED to go to Embassy in Ukraine to get my real student visa. Here's another question - is it possible they will not give me F1 - what means I will not finish my education in America :( Both ways are not "nice"

May be someone of you had the same situation, or may be you are more educated in this issue than I am... Let me to know, please!!! Thank you so much

P.S. if you get student status in America, how long you can stay here, and how long does making papers take?
thanks again

Lev Kobrin
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
I have J1 - Au-Pair. Visa expiration day -27 Aug 2008.
I want to get student visa - F1. My college starts - May 8, 2008.So I am going to change my status. The question is - what country is the best to do it : Ukraine or USA. I prefer Ukraine of course as I would get many-entries visa, what would be great. But I am scared that my home embassy can ask me why I changed my mind to be Au-Pair... I mean they "could" not let me to go to America again:(. To change my status here - is more easier way, but I will not get visa, I will get just a papers to make my status - student -F1. And after some time when I want to visit my family I will NEED to go to Embassy in Ukraine to get my real student visa. Here's another question - is it possible they will not give me F1 - what means I will not finish my education in America :( Both ways are not "nice"

May be someone of you had the same situation, or may be you are more educated in this issue than I am... Let me to know, please!!! Thank you so much

P.S. if you get student status in America, how long you can stay here, and how long does making papers take?
thanks again
По первому вопросу - Вы сами должны решать, как вам удобней. А по второму - они сейчас проще дают студенческие визы и не задают "не нужных" вопросов.
Оставаться в америке можно до тех пор, пока Вы учитесь, оформляется статус за 2-3 месяца, иногда - быстрее.