PDA

View Full Version : permanent residency application to Canada was recently rejected

Next
12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
From canadian forum:

".........My wife is a permanent resident of the U.S. and she is currently living and working in the U.S. Her permanent residency application to Canada was recently rejected because of a 3.5 year-old shoplifting charge on her U.S. police record. We were surprised that a shoplifting charge on an otherwise clean record was sufficient to have her application rejected. She has paid all fines and restitution relating to this charge. She is, on all other counts, a perfect candidate (in my opinion). She is a database analyst with 8 years experience making about $70,000 USD per year. I´m a Canadian citizen (with a clean record) and a professional engineer making about $95,000 CAD per year. We knew the shoplifting charge would be a hurdle but we never expected an outright rejection! I live in Alberta and she had planned to move to Alberta. We hear all the time how the government wants to expedite immigration into the province to help with the labour shortage. It seems contradictory to not only reject my wife but also forcing me to move away from Canada. What recourse do we have available to us, besides me moving to the U.S.? Any help or insights are greatly appreciated. We are very disappointed in this turn of events. Thanks in advance....."

а где то на этом форуме писали, что shoplifting charge нигде не вспомнят?

Lev Kobrin
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
From canadian forum:

".........My wife is a permanent resident of the U.S. and she is currently living and working in the U.S. Her permanent residency application to Canada was recently rejected because of a 3.5 year-old shoplifting charge on her U.S. police record. We were surprised that a shoplifting charge on an otherwise clean record was sufficient to have her application rejected. She has paid all fines and restitution relating to this charge. She is, on all other counts, a perfect candidate (in my opinion). She is a database analyst with 8 years experience making about $70,000 USD per year. I´m a Canadian citizen (with a clean record) and a professional engineer making about $95,000 CAD per year. We knew the shoplifting charge would be a hurdle but we never expected an outright rejection! I live in Alberta and she had planned to move to Alberta. We hear all the time how the government wants to expedite immigration into the province to help with the labour shortage. It seems contradictory to not only reject my wife but also forcing me to move away from Canada. What recourse do we have available to us, besides me moving to the U.S.? Any help or insights are greatly appreciated. We are very disappointed in this turn of events. Thanks in advance....."

а где то на этом форуме писали, что shoplifting charge нигде не вспомнят?
Обжалуйте их отказ в суде.