PDA

View Full Version : Movers в Чикаго?

madV
08-06-2007, 06:30 PM
народ, у кого-нибудь есть опыт с муверами в Чикаго. Переезжаю в пределах
города (где-то 7 миль) - нужна надежная компания, чтобы быстро и без задержек перевезли вещи и мебель.

заранее благодарен за информацию.

toka
08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
А на Чикаго .ру заходили?Там что то подобное спрашивали.

madV
08-06-2007, 06:39 PM
А на Чикаго .ру заходили?Там что то подобное спрашивали.

на форуме? а в каком именно разделе?

toka
08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Вот чего не помню ,простите.но он вроде не большой,так что найти можно будет сразу.

madV
08-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Вот чего не помню ,простите.но он вроде не большой,так что найти можно будет сразу.

хорошо, спасибо - поищу.

dundun
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
http://kingdavidmovers.com/

Эта компания помогла мне двигаться два года назад. Они были возможны, надежны, быстры и осторожны с моей мебелью. Я рекомендовал бы им к любому.

Может любой на этом форуме говорить мне, где большинство российских спикеров в Чикаго собирается? Какие события и местоположения лучше всего, чтобы встретить других русских?

Elric
08-08-2007, 12:50 PM
go to www.movingscam.com and read companies' reviews before you do anything else...good luck.

madV
08-08-2007, 05:22 PM
go to www.movingscam.com (http://www.movingscam.com) and read companies' reviews before you do anything else...good luck.

очень полезный сайт! спасибо. :priv:

Акватрель
08-08-2007, 05:34 PM
go to www.movingscam.com and read companies' reviews before you do anything else...good luck.
WOW! CHeck this story out! This is HORRIBLE! I'd be going ballistic!!:28: :28: :28:

"On 10/20/2001 I requested bids for my move from Sterling, VA to Carson City NV. On 10/21/2001 I received a quote from Tina at America's Best Movers. The quote was to move 534 cubic feet, at $3.50 per cubic foot. The total for the quote was $1869.00, however the quote also mentioned that any additional cubic feet would be billed. The quote mentioned that I would be billed for packing materials, however it provided no cost of these materials. This was the better of the two bids that I received in response to my request.

I called Tina to set up the move, and we set the move date for 10/28/2001. Tina told me that I would need to Fed-ex a check for $150 as a deposit on the move, and that the total would be due at the time that my belongings were delivered in NV.

The movers showed up on time on 10/28/2001 with a 15-foot truck (my estimate), and proceeded to pack my belongings and load the moving truck. Very early on, the driver said that he thought that my belongings would take up more than the 534 cubic feet that was in the estimate, but made no mention that it may be at a different rate than the $3.50 per cubic foot mentioned in the quote.

When the majority of my belongings had been packed and loaded into the truck (I estimate about 75% of my belongings), the driver again mentioned that it was going to be more than the 534 cubic feet that was in the quote. This time however, he said that the price per cubic feet would be a different price than what was in the quote. When I asked about the price, I could not get an answer from his as to what the price would be for each additional cubic foot.

Once all of my belongings had been packed and loaded, the driver filled out his paperwork and let me know that I had an additional 316 cubic feet, and that the additional cubic feet would be billed at $7.50 per cubic foot. Over twice the original price per cubic foot. The driver also charged me $775.50 for packing materials. His reason for the sharp price increase was that they were supposed to pick up another persons belongings with the same truck, and that that wouldn't be possible since my belonging took up so much extra space on their truck. This brought my total to $5012.50, a $3143.50 difference from the original quote of $1869.00.

Because I had promised my new employer that I would be in Nevada by the end of the week, I did not have time to refuse their service, look for a new moving company, and make new arrangements. I needed to get driving and was already behind schedule.

The driver then told me that despite what Tina had told me about when I would pay for my move, he needed one-half of the total right away. I had a money order made out for the original quote amount of $1869.00, which he accepted as the down payment. The driver then had the gall to tell me "it was okay to tip them".

I called Tina on the afternoon of 10/28/2001 and told her that I was very disappointed with the service that I was receiving. She told me that I would need to talk with Joe who is their dispatcher. He would not be available until Monday 10/29/2001.

On 10/29/2001 I called several times to try to speak with Joe, however I was repeatedly told that he would not be in until later. I could not reach Joe on 10/29/2001.

On 10/30/2001 I called and was able to reach Joe. My first question was to find out when my belongings would be delivered. Joe could not answer that and told me that he would know by the end of the week. I then told Joe that I thought it was wrong that they raised the price per cubic foot without letting me know in advance that that may happen. Joe said that he would talk to "the big boss" and see if there was anything that he could do.

I spoke with Joe on Thursday 11/01/2001 and again asked if he could tell me when my belongings would be delivered, and he told me to call him back on Tuesday because he wouldn't know until then. I also asked him what he had found out about the price of the move, and he seemed to have no recollection of our prior conversation. I reminded him again, and he said that he would get me a better price, but could not tell me what it may be.

I spoke with Joe again on Sunday 11/04/2001. I simply wanted to know when my belongings would be delivered, and he told me that they would be delivered by the end of the week. I said "By the end of the week. I've got your word on that?" and he said, "Yes".

I again called Joe on Wednesday, 11/7 however I was told that Joe was sick and was transferred to Jay instead. Instead of telling me when I would receive my belongings, Jay asked me what Joe had told me about when my things would get here. I told Jay 'by the end of the week', and Jay said that it would be here by then. I asked Jay if my things had even left yet, and Jay said that my belongings were 'in transit'.

Once again, on Thursday, 11/8 I called to speak with Joe. This time he told me that my things would get here by the beginning of next week, and that I should call tomorrow afternoon, however when I called to speak with Joe on 11/9 I was told that Joe left early.

I got hold of Jay on 11/13, and he said that my things were 'in the warehouse' and he wouldn't talk to me anymore. I spoke with Jay later on the 13th, and he told me that the movers were in Illinois, had stops in almost every state along the way, but they should be here by Monday. Jay also said that he would look into a discount and call me back. He never did.

I called on Sunday, 11/18 and Tina said that Jay doesn't work on Sundays. She asked if I wanted to leave a message, but I told her that I didn't see the point since nobody from their company ever calls me back anyway.

When I called on 11/19, I was told that Jay is no longer with the company. I was also told that it would again be the end of the week because the truck broke down. I called again later that day, and told Joe that I wanted a copy of the repair bill when they decided to show up, and Joe said that they would bring me a copy. They never did.

On 11/21, Joe told me that the drivers would be here this Saturday or Sunday. He also gave me a $193 discount but said that I would have to pay the drivers $100 for the two flights of stairs at my new apartment.

On 11/23, Joe changed his mind again. Now it's going to be Monday or Tuesday.

I called on 11/25, and Joe said that my things were in Boston, and that it had just gotten out of storage. He said that it would be here by the end of the week… again.

On 11/26, Joe said that he thought that the truck would be leaving Boston that afternoon and that they should be here by Thursday or Friday.

On the 28th of November, Joe said that the truck is in Texas and would be here by the weekend. Joe said that one of the drivers is sick, but that he's sending another driver. He also pointed out the weather, which I think is the only honest thing that I've heard come out of Joe's mouth. There was a bad snowstorm in Texas going on.

On the 30th, Joe said that the truck was leaving Dallas that afternoon and should be here Sunday night or Monday, but when I called again on December 2nd, Joe told me that they had left that morning, and that he would have the driver call me.

I called on 12/3 to give them my work and home phone numbers because I was shutting off the cell phone that I had been using. I was on hold for 20 minutes waiting for Joe because the lady that answered the phone said that Joe was on another line. I hung up and called back, but this time another lady said that Joe wouldn't be in until 2:00pm!

I got hold of Joe later on 12/3, and Joe gave me the drivers phone number. When I called the driver, he asked me how I had gotten his number, and when I explained to him that Joe had given it to me, he told me that they would be here in 3-4 days. When I called Joe back to get an explanation, Joe told me that he thought that I lived in California! He said that it shouldn't take 2-4 days and that I should call tomorrow.

When I called on the 4th, Joe said that he wasn't able to get hold of the driver, and that I should call back in 15 minutes. Yep, when I called back Joe was gone. When I called Joe on the 5th, he said that my things will be here tonight or tomorrow morning. The driver actually did call me. We played phone tag until 7:00pm when he got in touch with me at home. He said that they would be here the next morning. They actually showed up this time, and I finally got (most) of my belongings. All this took more than six miserable weeks.

The couch and matching chair had bad damage because they stood them on end, and had stacked things on top of them. My oak desk that my father had given me also was badly damaged. One of my shelving units was completely broken, and all of my kitchen chairs are now all scratched up. I am also missing a box with all of my power tools, a computer (which had hours and hours of my work on it), as well as a bread machine.

In the end I ended up paying the full ransom amount by cashier's check just to get my belongings back. The owner of the company, and several employees have since been charged and found guilty on several federal charges including Extortion and Money Laundering. I do not expect to ever receive any restitiution because I was informed that Yair has a gambling addiction and by the time he was arrested he had drained the company of all of its cash and even their moving truck had been repossessed.

On January 28th, 2005 (three years later) Yair Malol was sentenced to 12 years and 7 months in Federal prison for his crimes. "

Монашка
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
и это все потому что жаба душит людишек сразу заплатить 1-ой компании, которая доставит ТОЛЬКО их вещи/мебель/цветочки и т.п. к условленному сроку по адресу...
хотят дешевле? имеют дерьмовый сервис и долгую головную боль, а итоге платят как минимум раза 4 больше чем original estimate ...

Elric
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
ети транспортные компании практически не контролируются федералами отсюда и полный беспредел и надувательство. мою подругу кинули и добиться ничего не удалось. Есть определенная закономерность - большинство етих компаний зарегистрированны в Флориде (там самое раздолбайское законодательство в етом вопросе) и практически все хозяева / владельцы компаний - израильтяне. надувают, что обидно, и своих и чужих :)

Монашка
08-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Елриц, эти компании еще как контролириются и местными властями и федералами
на горло наступают по полной программе... особенно в [MA, NY, NJ, CT]
на локальных перевозках надуть достаточно слочно, но конечно же умудряются и это сделать...
а на [longdistance]... тут уж сам Б-г велел, если клиент бестолков и гонится за дешевкой...
вы правы в том, что зависит от штата и что во [FL] таки полнейшее раскиздяство
поэтому компании открываются и закрываются, а потом открываются под новой вывеской...

madV
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Сделав рисерч, и сравнив оценки стоимости, я выбрал
Affordable Moving Co.: http://www.affordablechicago.com

После переезда в конце августа - расскажу как прошло все.

КошЫчка
08-09-2007, 03:14 PM
и это все потому что жаба душит людишек сразу заплатить 1-ой компании, которая доставит ТОЛЬКО их вещи/мебель/цветочки и т.п. к условленному сроку по адресу...
хотят дешевле? имеют дерьмовый сервис и долгую головную боль, а итоге платят как минимум раза 4 больше чем оригинал естимате ...
Я знаю!! Я знаю!!! (посыпает голову пеплом) :grum: :grum: :grum:

Акватрель
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
у меня такое подозрение, что Монаша знает мувинг бизнес очень близко:shura:

Монашка
08-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Я знаю!! Я знаю!!! (посыпает голову пеплом) [:grum: :grum: :grum:]эт не про тебя
эт про [longdistance moving] :lol:

Монашка
08-09-2007, 03:18 PM
у меня такое подозрение, что Монаша знает мувинг бизнес очень близко[:shura:]я проста сталкивалась
так сказать
:D

КошЫчка
08-09-2007, 03:21 PM
я проста сталкивалась
так сказать

ПЕРЕСТАНь ТЫКАТь В МЕНЯ ПАЛьЦЕМ!!!! :grum: :grum: :grum: :grum: :grum:

Монашка
08-09-2007, 03:23 PM
ПЕРЕСТАНь ТЫКАТь В МЕНЯ ПАЛьЦЕМ!!!! [:grum: :grum: :grum: :grum: :grum:]ты хароший!!!!
ты переехал тиха :lol:

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
ПЕРЕСТАНь ТЫКАТь В МЕНЯ ПАЛьЦЕМ!!!! :грум: :грум: :грум: :грум: :грум:

Вы наверное в меня тыкаете пальцами всеми сразу.
:grum: :grum: :grum: :grum:

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Сделав рисерч, и сравнив оценки стоимости, я выбрал
Аффордабле Мовинг Цо.: хттп://щщщ.аффордаблечицаго.цом

После переезда в конце августа - расскажу как прошло все.

Ya вот етой компанией (ALLIED)буду переезжать,только ето будет в конце сентября.

Монашка
08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Ya вот етой компанией (ALLIED)буду переезжать,только ето будет в конце сентября.Allied это большая компания, под которой работаю очень много маленьких
выясни какая именно маленькая будет тебя перевозить и пробей инфу через BBB обязательно!

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Аллиед это большая компания, под которой работаю очень много маленьких
выясни какая именно маленькая будет тебя перевозить и пробей инфу через БББ обязательно!Спасибо ,обязательно узнаю

Монашка
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Спасибо ,обязательно узнаютребуй ВСЁ in writing и старайся избегать слова estimate на контракте :34:

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 07:03 PM
требуй ВСЁ ин щритинг и старайся избегать слова естимате на контракте :34:

Если,ты про то,сколько все будет стоить,то нам копания моего будет оплачивать весь переезд.

Монашка
08-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Если,ты про то,сколько все будет стоить,то нам копания моего будет оплачивать весь переезд.в любом случае бери все бумажки
компания платит определенную сумму, например $10K
а тебе могут представить счет на .... $21K...
ты будешь платить эти $11K?
я не думаю...

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
в любом случае бери все бумажки
компания платит определенную сумму, например $10К
а тебе могут представить счет на .... $21К...
ты будешь платить эти $11К?
я не думаю...

Сегодня дядечка приходил ,тут осматривал че сколько вещей ,посуды,мебели и т.д.и оставил папку с книжецей про цомпанию, надо будет ее почитать.
Да спасибо,мы конечно 1 раз так переезжаем,что нам компания будет оплачивать.
Когда они все биллы будут предоставлять,после уже когда все перевезут ?

Монашка
08-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Сегодня дядечка приходил ,тут осматривал че сколько вещей ,посуды,мебели и т.д.и оставил папку с книжецей про цомпанию, надо будет ее почитать.
Да спасибо,мы конечно 1 раз так переезжаем,что нам компания будет оплачивать.
Когда они все биллы будут предоставлять,после уже когда все перевезут ?часто компания, которая платит, требует estimate in writing to them from moving co
sometimes they may ask a confirmation of a price and they will not pay a cent more
оплата будет после переезда
поэтому аккуратней с ценами! чтоб не платить разницу :34:
иногда, но редко случается, что муверы могут затребовать опату с клиента, а потом клиенту будт сделан reimbursement from the employer
на такое старайтесь не соглашаться

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 07:34 PM
часто компания, которая платит, требует естимате ин щритинг то тхем фром мовинг цо
сометимес тхеы маы аск а цонфирматион оф а прице анд тхеы щилл нот паы а цент море
оплата будет после переезда
поэтому аккуратней с ценами! чтоб не платить разницу :34:
иногда, но редко случается, что муверы могут затребовать опату с клиента, а потом клиенту будт сделан реимбурсемент фром тхе емплоыер
на такое старайтесь не соглашаться

Ок,да столького не знала,спасибо будем все просматривать и все бумаги ослеживать ,что к чему

Монашка
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Ок,да столького не знала,спасибо будем все просматривать и все бумаги ослеживать ,что к чемуобязательно выясни перевалочные пункты и даты!!!
(то о чем в репе писала)
чаще всего задержки случаются именно на перевалке
они ждут пока подсоберется побольше в одну сторону...
опись всего-всего-всего-всего сделайте
золото-брильянты в гипс ;) и с собой :lol:

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
обязательно выясни перевалочные пункты и даты!!!
(то о чем в репе писала)
чаще всего задержки случаются именно на перевалке
они ждут пока подсоберется побольше в одну сторону...
опись всего-всего-всего-всего сделайте
золото-брильянты в гипс ;) и с собой :лол:

Ага,уже все прочла и записала чтоб незабыть.
золото и все ценные вещи ми планируем сами отдельно перевезти.

klukva
08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
нехочу отдельно тему открывать, а кто сталкивался с переездом из штата в штат и может подсказать где лутше всего трак заказать?

Шумачка
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
нехочу отдельно тему открывать, а кто сталкивался с переездом из штата в штат и может подсказать где лутше всего трак заказать?

Когда мы сами переезжали из штата в штат, то брали Юхол,правда тогда у нас еще была одна машина.

Радригес
08-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Я на Юхоле холал. Правда попахать пришлось. За машину где то около штуки взяли.

klukva
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Я на Юхоле холал. Правда попахать пришлось. За машину где то около штуки взяли.
да а я сегодня на сайте [estimate] сделала $1600 получаеться, может лутше к ним сходить напрямую спросить сколько стоить будет.

Монашка
08-10-2007, 08:13 PM
в u-haul очень плохие и старые траки

klukva
08-10-2007, 08:14 PM
в у-хаул очень плохие и старые траки
мне еще кто-то [penske] посоветовал. Кто слышал о них?

Радригес
08-10-2007, 08:15 PM
да а я сегодня на сайте [estimate] сделала $1600 получаеться, может лутше к ним сходить напрямую спросить сколько стоить будет.
Попробуйте. Они там расстояние расчитывают, сколько дней будете кататься итд. Я бы паралельно попробывал Budget and Penske. Взгляните на http://www.upack.com

Монашка
08-10-2007, 08:17 PM
мне еще кто-то [penske] посоветовал. Кто слышал о них?[penske] неоправданно дорогие
самый оптимальные budget

Elric
08-10-2007, 10:14 PM
[penske] неоправданно дорогие
самый оптимальные будгет

пенске дает скидку 10% если заказываете через интернет и еше 12% если вы член ААА :)

Монашка
08-11-2007, 08:08 AM
пенске дает скидку 10% если заказываете через интернет и еше 12% если вы член ААА :)и даже после этого они дороже Budget...

madV
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
В прошлую пятницу я переехал в черте города на новую квартиру с помощью Affordable Moving Company
(http://www.affordablechicago.com/). Я выбрал их по отзывам на movingscams.com website (спасибо Elric!), который был рекоммендован в этой теме.

Переезд прошел гладко и без проблем. Они прислали большой грузовик и 3-х человек. Работали они без остановки, быстро, и эффективно при погрузке и разгрузке (паковал большинство вещей я сам). Стоило это где-то $140/час. Очень доволен.

Слышал хорошие отзывы об этой компании от знакомых еще, которые оказывается использовали их тоже.

klukva
09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
а кто нибудь знает об этой компании? www.themovingexpertsinc.com

madV
09-04-2007, 06:02 PM
а кто нибудь знает об этой компании? www.themovingexpertsinc.com (http://www.themovingexpertsinc.com)

посмотрите здесь: http://www.movingscam.com/

если про них на этом сайте нет информации, или есть но плохая - я бы не стал с ними связываться.

klukva
09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
ну я посмотрела, а где искать на них отзывы? в блак лист их вродебы нет.

Монашка
09-04-2007, 06:25 PM
ну я посмотрела, а где искать на них отзывы? в блак лист их вродебы нет.позвони в компанию и попроси референсес
потом позвони и спроси у людей