PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with green card - need information

future227
08-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi,

i have green card and currently a citizen of Russia with valid Russian passport.

I have few questions about traveling:

1. As i understand i don't have any problems traveling to Russia as long as i have valid Russian passport. Coming back to US is not a problem when i have a green card. I just need to show green card when i leave Russia and then in US when arrive. Is it correct?

2. What about traveling to different countries from US? As i m citizen of Russia and even i have a green card - do i have to apply for visas to each country i want to go? As i know US citizens don't need visas to travel to many countries in Europe. They just have passport and go. As i m not US citizen - does it mean i need to to apply for visas every time as a Russian citizen using Russian passport? And when coming back from these counties i just show my green card when leaving country and then when arrive to US?

3. What about traveling to Mexico and Canada? Do i need to apply for visas to go there to? Or as a green card holder i can go to these countries without visas?

If there is any document or site with all information about traveling for green card holders - please send the link. I was looking all over internet but could not find it.

Девчушка
08-04-2007, 01:59 PM
С Грин картой вы можете спокойно вьезжать на территорию США и перемещаться по ней.
Но в другие страны (кроме России и бывших Советских республик)вам нужна виза:(

ETTY
08-04-2007, 02:03 PM
С Грин картой вы можете спокойно вьезжать на территорию США и перемещаться по ней.

Виза не нужна в Канаду и помоему в Швейцарию и Мексику тоже.

Arcady
08-04-2007, 02:07 PM
На самом деле, с гринкартой можно без визы въезжать в Мексику, Канаду и Швейцарию. Проверить можно, например, здесь:

Delta Airlines - Visa & Passport Information (http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp)

К слову, и без гринкарты российским гражданам без визы можно въезжать далеко не в одни лишь страны бывшего СССР. В частности, в Коста-Рику, Турцию, на Кубу...

future227
08-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much to everyone,

Also Arcady - that delta link is great. I can see all details for any country.

it seems with Russian citizenship and US green card - i can travel to many countries without visas.

Thank you!