PDA

View Full Version : Work and travel and Au Pair

oksana83
08-18-2004, 11:32 AM
ya priehala v americu po J-1 vise, zdec' ya poznakomolac' s sem'yey kotoraya hochet chto bi ya ostalic' s nimi na god i rabotala babesit. Skajite pojaluysta mogu li ya poluchit' Au Pair visu zdec' ili ya doljna vozvrashatc'ya v rossiyu i poluchat' visu ottuda? Nujen li advokat? Skol'ko eto budet stoit'?

Lev Kobrin
08-18-2004, 01:47 PM
You have to go home because on this time US CIS prefers not to issue or change J-1 visas here. For example, deadline for changing J onto H is August 26.

oksana83
08-19-2004, 08:37 AM
:(( So what you saying that there is no way I can exchange my J-1 visa for H visa now even if I hire a lawyer? Thats sad.
Is there any way my host family can start paperwork for me right now or they have to wait till I come back to Russia? How do they have to apply for that? how it all works? How long it is gonna take me to get that visa in Russia? What my chances are in getting that visa if it is my second time in the USA with J-1 visa and next year is gonna be my 5th year in university?
Do you think that they are gonna give me that visa at all or it will be just wasting time?