PDA

View Full Version : MIT dean resigns in lying scandal

смешно
04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Во как! Оказывается не только наши врут в своих резюме, по поводу образования и опыта работы.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/04/27/mit.dean/index.html

(CNN) -- The dean of admissions at one of America's most prestigious schools resigned on Thursday after the university discovered she had lied about her academic credentials.
Marilee Jones, who joined the staff of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1979 to lead the recruitment of women at the university, stepped down from her post after admitting that she had "misrepresented her academic degrees to the institute," according to a statement posted on MIT's Web site.
"I misrepresented my academic degrees when I first applied to MIT 28 years ago and did not have the courage to correct my resume when I applied for my current job or at any time since," Jones said in a posting on the school's Web site.
"I am deeply sorry for this and for disappointing so many in the MIT community and beyond who supported me, believed in me, and who have given me extraordinary opportunities."
Patti Richards, spokeswoman for MIT, said the school had received information about Jones' credentials and investigated them. "At various times she claimed to have received degrees from Albany Medical College, Rensellaer Polytechnic Institute, and Union College and we confirmed that she had not graduated from any of these schools."
"This is a sad and unfortunate event," said Daniel E. Hastings, dean for undergraduate education at the Cambridge school, in a Web posting. "But the integrity of the institute is our highest priority, and we cannot tolerate this kind of behavior."
Jones was named dean of admissions at MIT in 1997 and received MIT's highest award for administrators, the "MIT Excellence Award for Leading Change." She was also the 2006 winner of the "Gordon Y Billard Award" given "for special service of outstanding merit" performed for the school.
Stuart Schmill, MIT's senior associate director of admissions, has been named the interim director of admissions.