PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!

marussya
04-23-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm Marussya's boyfriend and she's really sick. She has a very big nausea and feeling like puking all the time, except when she's not moving. In fact, she threw up this morning and her stomach was completely empty. She describes the diziness like being car sickand the feeling is really strong.

She doesn't want to get up to go to the clinic across the street because of the dizzinness. I don't want to go to the hospital yet because I'm afraid she could be exposed to worse illness there.

I bought a thermometer and her temperture is almost normal (36.4).

Can anyone recommand a good way to handle this?

PS, I don't speak russian. Please write back to me in french or english.

Malishka
04-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm Marussya's boyfriend and she's really sick. She has a very big nausea and feeling like puking all the time, except when she's not moving. In fact, she threw up this morning and her stomach was completely empty. She describes the diziness like being car sickand the feeling is really strong.

She doesn't want to get up to go to the clinic across the street because of the dizzinness. I don't want to go to the hospital yet because I'm afraid she could be exposed to worse illness there.

She is probably having a stomach flu. She needs gatorade, gatorade, gatorade. Dehydration and nausea aren't helping. this may last 24-48 hours

HOWEVER, she is not being seen here, so, no one will tell you 100% as to what's wrong with her. She may need to go to the hospital for IV medications for nausea and for fluid rehydration is she continues to vomit

Good luck

FOLEY
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
It is tough to say what is first nausea/vomiting causing dizziness or severe dizziness causinf nausea/vomiting. Both are quite possible and happen relatively frequently.

There is quite a long list of the possible causes of nausea as well as causes of dizziness and it would be impossible to diagnose without access to the person.

What is most important at this point is to avoid potential dangers - like dehydration and electorlyte imbalance that Malishka described above already. These indeed can be life threatening, if left unchecked.

Therefore, if the symptoms are so severe that she cannot move, let alone hydrate herself oraly...she needs to be in the ER.

zgorynych
04-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Congratulations!!! You will be a fatehr soon. :evillaugh

Malishka
04-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Congratulations!!! You will be a fatehr soon. :evillaugh
Speaking from a personal experience? :evillaugh

Malishka
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Marussya, we want update. Are u feeling any better?

marussya
04-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Спасибо большое, мне было так плохо я думала, не доживу до утра...

Мой БФ так испугался, сам нашел медицинский подраздел...

Вообщем, мой форум меня бережет. С огромной благодарностью - я и мой БФ!

omele
04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Спасибо большое, мне было так плохо я думала, не доживу до утра...

Мой БФ так испугался, сам нашел медицинский подраздел...

Вообщем, мой форум меня бережет. С огромной благодарностью - я и мой БФ!
хороший мальчик..привет ему от нас ))))):D

marussya
04-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Thank you everyone for your concern. It took two days but she's back on her feet and she's chirping like a brand new bird. I'm very happy it wasn't anything bad.

Thank you again. Geof.

смешно
04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Да, да, мы такие! труба прорвёт - все сюда, first.