PDA

View Full Version : Why did the chicken cross the road?

John Adams
02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
PLATO: For the greater good.
ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross roads.
KARL MARX: It was a historical inevitability.
CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.
HIPPOCRATES: Because of an excess of phlegm in its pancreas.
HOMER SIMPSON: There was free beer on the other side of the road.
LOUIS FARRAKHAN: The road, you see, represents the black man. The chicken 'crossed' the black man in order to trample him and keep him down.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.: I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives being called into question.
MOSES: And God came down from the Heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road. "And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
FOX MULDER: You saw it cross the road with your own eyes. How many more chickens have to cross the road before you believe it?
Shakespeare: To cross or not to cross, that is the question.
Rene Descartes: Since the chicken does not really exist it was only an illusion that the chicken crossed the road. This illusion was only in my mind. Therefore I created the chicken that crossed the road.
Gandhi: All chickens should peacefully resist by crossing the road.
Darwin: It was the logical next step after coming down from the trees.
David Hume: Out of custom and habit.
Douglas Adams: Forty-two.
Epicurus: For fun.
Henry David Thoreau: To live deliberately ... and suck all the marrow out of life.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe: The eternal hen-principle made it do it.
MACHIAVELLI: The point is that the chicken crossed the road. Who cares why? The end of crossing the road justifies whatever motive there was.
JERRY SEINFELD: Why does anyone cross a road? I mean, why doesn't anyone ever think to ask, What the heck was this chicken doing walking around all over the place, anyway?"
FREUD: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.
BILL GATES: I have just released the new Chicken Office 2000, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook.
OLIVER STONE: The question is not, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Rather, it is, "Who was crossing the road at the same time, whom we overlooked in our haste to observe the chicken crossing?"
DARWIN: Chickens, over great periods of time, have been naturally selected in such a way that they are now genetically disposed to cross roads.
EINSTEIN: Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road moved beneath the chicken depends upon your frame of reference.
BUDDHA: Asking this question denies your own chicken nature.
RALPH WALDO EMERSON: The chicken did not cross the road .. it transcended
Neil Armstrong: er: That's one small step for Chicken, one giant leap for Chicken kind.
George Bush: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.
Martin Luther King Jr: I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.
Grandpa: In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.
John Lennon: Imagine all the chickens crossing roads in peace.
Bill Clinton: I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What do you mean by chicken? Could you define chicken, please?
Sigmund Freud: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.
Richard Nixon: The chicken did not cross the road. I repeat, the chicken did not cross the road.
Buddha: If you ask this question, you deny your own chicken nature.
Joseph Stalin: I don't care. Catch it. I need its eggs to make my omelette.
Carl Jung: The confluence of events in the cultural gestalt necessitated that individual chickens cross roads at this historical juncture, and, therefore, synchronicitously brought such occurrences into being.
John Locke: Because he was exercising his natural right to liberty.
The Pope: That is only for God to know.
Immanuel Kant: chicken, being an autonomous being, chose to cross the road of his own free will.
George Orwell: Because the government had fooled him into thinking that he was crossing the road of his own free will, when he was really only serving their interests.
Nietzsche: Because if you gaze too long across the Road, the Road gazes also across you.
Jean-Paul Sartre: In order to act in good faith and be true to itself, the chicken found it necessary to cross the road.
Emily Dickenson: Because it could not stop for death.
O.J. Simpson: It didn't. I was playing golf with it at the time.
ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die. In the rain.
COLONEL SANDERS: I missed one.
Daniel Lyons:Becouse it wanted to meet the hen on the other side.
Khaled Al-sawaeer:I guess the chicken was trying to catch a bus.
Nataniel Trandafir:Because it fell in love with the traffic sign on the other side.
Kapka Atanasova:Because it was hungry.
Flutura Pipa: The chicken lost its way home. It wanted to cross the road to catch its bus home. Itwas cold and it caught it.
Felipe Escobedo: Stop the chickens please!

What do you say on this, L&G?