View Full Version : Travel passport - could not find any information on the web

07-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Please, post a link on how to get a travel passport: everywhere I looked was only information about US pasports and visas. What if I am only a permanent resident and want to get a Travel Pasport?

07-28-2004, 10:23 AM
If You are a greencard holder You do not need to get travel document and can use Your regular passport given by Your homeland.

07-28-2004, 11:48 AM
I agree, that I DON'T HAVE TO have a travel passport if I have a green card, but in case I just prefer to show a US issued travel document when I go to the embassy of some Western European country to get a visa to travel there, rather than my Russian passport, how do I get the Travel Passport?
Also, is it even possible to get a Travel Passport for someone who is not an asylee here? As far as I understood from the info that I DID find on the Internet, a travel passport is only issued to those, who have a status of refugees, that doesn't allow them to get a passport from their own country.
Maybe I am wrong.
Thank you for your comments.

07-29-2004, 03:13 AM

please check the following details:


All the best,

Lev Kobrin
07-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Для обладателей гринкарты трэвел паспорт нужен, и во многих случаях. Иначе такой документ (Reentry Permit) не существовал бы вообще.

07-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Reentry Permit is required for those who leave the US for more than one year;
Advance Parole - for those who do not have the status of a permanent resident yet;
Refugee Travel Document - for those who have the status of refugee here.
... none of the above pertains to me
so, the question about Travel Passport remains - what is Travel Passport? Is it something different from the three travel documents mentioned above? So far, I've been traveling abroad without it, and I've never had any problems.
There is not such a concept as "Travel Passport" mentioned on USCIS web-site :?:

Lev Kobrin
07-30-2004, 07:00 AM
Travel p[assport is a common name of all these three documents.

07-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Thank you for your answer.
My conclusion is: I do not need Travel Passport and I cannot get it anyway because I do not belong to any of the three categories. (unless, of course, I decide to stay outside the USA for more than a year).