PDA

View Full Version : Visa for Dominican Republic

Uehavshiy
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Has any of you green card holders recently travelled to Dominican republic recently.Does a green card holder need a visa to visit Domincan Republic?

This is what an online resourse say:

All legal residents (green card holders) from the United States of America and Canada can enter the Dominican Republic holding travel documents that substitute their passports.

Question: I have my Russian travel passport, would that be considered as a travel document?

ALSO,

A Tourist Card permits a legal stay of up to 60 days for tourists coming from:

Andorra........., ......... Russia, ...........and the Grenadines.

A tourist card can be purchased for US$10 at the consulates or at Dominican airports at the time of entry.

Question: maybe I am better off just getting a tourist card?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Mikhail-u
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi,

Has any of you green card holders recently travelled to Dominican republic recently.Does a green card holder need a visa to visit Domincan Republic?

This is what an online resourse say:

All legal residents (green card holders) from the United States of America and Canada can enter the Dominican Republic holding travel documents that substitute their passports.

Question: I have my Russian travel passport, would that be considered as a travel document?

ALSO,

A Tourist Card permits a legal stay of up to 60 days for tourists coming from:

Andorra........., ......... Russia, ...........and the Grenadines.

A tourist card can be purchased for US$10 at the consulates or at Dominican airports at the time of entry.

Question: maybe I am better off just getting a tourist card?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Why not to call the Consulate for updated information? Things change, I've visited Prague 3 times (as a Russian citizen with the GC), and they changed detales every time.