PDA

View Full Version : Big immigration problem

Yulechka
09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
I came here on J-1, applied for an assylum. In a month after petitioning for an assylum, I got married to a US citizen. My lawyer filed a Motion to Dismiss for my assylum petition, but failed to file it on time, before the date of my interview at the Assylum Office in SF, so they recieved it after the day of the interview, and as I did not show up for it my case was sent to the Immigrational Court. I hired another laywer, she pulled my case out of the court. In a week I'm going for a Green Card interview based on my marriage.
Now my laywer says, they are gonna ask me a lot of questions about my assylum case like specifis dates and so on( trying to catch me lying), I am desparate, I lost all of my papers for an assylum, I remember hardly anything what was written in it( it was 3 years ago). I thought since I am recieving a Green Card through the marriage, I didn't have to worry about the assylum anymore. Can my laywer be wrong?
My husband and I can't sleep at night , we love each other too much and can't live without each other. Please, help with advice!

09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
I remember hardly anything what was written in it( it was 3 years ago). I thought since I am recieving a Green Card through the marriage, I didn't have to worry about the assylum anymore.

[moderated] См. правила
Запрещены:

-- личные выпады и оскорбления участников обсуждения, вне зависимости от того, что Вы думаете об заданном ими вопросе или сделанном ими утверждении

Справочник.

Elizaveta
09-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Normally on the AOS interview they only check whether your marriage is bona fide and your asylum application has nothing to do with this. This has been the case with a few of our clients in the same situation as yours. I do not believe you have to worry about your asylum application and your marriage is a real one. You should be fine.

РЕКЛАМА ОФИСА СТЕРТА

09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
[moderated] См. правила
Запрещены:

-- личные выпады и оскорбления участников обсуждения, вне зависимости от того, что Вы думаете об заданном ими вопросе или сделанном ими утверждении

Справочник.

Я никого не оскорблял, лишь заметил, что нарушать иммиграционные законы страны пребывания методом обмана- не лучший способ получить гринкарту.
Странно видеть модератора, который так не считает.

Bumazhka
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
What the...?:confused:

Floridian
09-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I remember hardly anything what was written in it( it was 3 years ago). I thought since I am recieving a Green Card through the marriage, I didn't have to worry about the assylum anymore.

Не знаю что там 9999 написал об этом, но по-моему тоже звучит очень.... забавно.... :) Я никого не оскорбил? :)

09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Не знаю что там 9999 написал об этом, но по-моему тоже звучит очень.... забавно.... :) Я никого не оскорбил? :)

Я написал, что как минимум странно непомнить, за что тебя преследовали.
Справочнику просто показалось, что это подходящий момент свести личные счеты...

Bumazhka
09-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Вообще то не помешало бы дать определение, что такое личные выпады и оскорбления, чтобы потом действовать последовательно. Под личным выпадом можно подразумевать мнение человека, которое не нравится. Под оскорбление тоже можно подогнать вообщем то многое, в зависимости от философии человека как в ветке о недвижимости.
Тогда просто дуристика тут начнётся скоро.

09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Вообще то не помешало бы дать определение, что такое личные выпады и оскорбления, чтобы потом действовать последовательно. Под личным выпадом можно подразумевать мнение человека, которое не нравится. Под оскорбление тоже можно подогнать вообщем то многое, в зависимости от философии человека как в ветке о недвижимости.
Тогда просто дуристика тут начнётся скоро.

Правильно, будет как на "Привете", где народ банят просто потому, что морда не понравилась...
Я на этом форуме уже 2 года, как не сложно заметить, и ни разу никто не обвинял меня в оскорблениях.

NataliaLA
09-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Ребят, давайте забудем. Пожалуйста.
Сообщение Справочнику администрация форума уже послала. Надеюсь это больше не повториться. Приносим извенения,
Администрация

Yulechka
09-14-2006, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=9999]Я никого не оскорблял, лишь заметил, что нарушать иммиграционные законы страны пребывания методом обмана- не лучший способ получить гринкарту.

Why would you think that I was lying? My posting doesn't say that. Every second posting on this forum is about fake marriages and you don't seem to mind. I was just sayiing that I don't remember things like dates, etc. that doesn't mean that I lied. I was just wondering if they are gonna "dig deep" into my assylum case.

Монашка
09-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Юлечка, еслы вы можете писать по-русски, то пожалста сделайте одолжение, пишите по-русски
транслит работает на этом форуме
заранее спасибо

Дядя_Федор
09-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Why would you think that I was lying? My posting doesn't say that. Every second posting on this forum is about fake marriages and you don't seem to mind. I was just sayiing that I don't remember things like dates, etc. that doesn't mean that I lied. I was just wondering if they are gonna "dig deep" into my assylum case.
Sorry about that, we had some inner misunderstandings here.
I assure you I don't think you'd be lying or misrepresenting your case.

As Elizaveta said already, the immigration officers would be digging deep only if they suspect that your marriage wasn't genuine in the first place. Then, they would try to see if you tried to get to the US by any means possible and married somebody as the last resort. If you can convince them right away that your marriage is bona fide, you shouldn't expect any problems.
It would help, however, if you had some explanation about your arrival and life in the US at hand, just in case if they ask. Some basic information about your asylum case and your J-1 would really help. Be confident and give a simple picture of your actions. If your marriage is good, everything will be fine.

09-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Я никого не оскорблял, лишь заметил, что нарушать иммиграционные законы страны пребывания методом обмана- не лучший способ получить гринкарту.

I did not say YOU were lying.
I said that it is at the very least strange to hear that you would not remember any details of persecution.

And if SOMEBODY is lying in order to get immigrant status that is ILLEGAL.

Bumazhka
09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Юлечка, не обижайтесь.Я тоже не намекаю на то, что вы врали. Думаю скорей всего, что вы сами не так выразились. Но если принимать ваш пост дословно, то именно к такому мнению можно прийти. Сами просмотрите свой пост внимательнее:

I remember hardly anything what was written in it( it was 3 years ago). "...Я вообще ничего не помню, что было в нём записано."

А на форуме, люди ведь не просто постируют ответы на вопросы, но и делятся своей реакцией на те или иные посты. Поэтому не обижайтесь на тех, кто её выразил.

Желаю вам удачного интервью! ;)