PDA

View Full Version : parolee's spouse to come to the US

sergious
08-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi everybody,

Here's my situation:

I was admitted to the US more than 2 years ago on humanitarian parole (Lautenberg's amendment). I'm a LPR now.

I'd like to bring my wife over here. We were not married when I was emigrating.

Would someone please clarify this:

1) I-730 says "you're not eligible if you were granted the status as a derivative beneficiary". I came here with my father who was the principal beneficiary. Is there a way around this?

2) It also says the 2yr limitation may be waived. Has anybody done this?

3) "The relationship must have existed on the day you were admitted in the US". Does this mean we were supposed to be in a relationship or be MARRIED?

4) What translations are acceptable?

Thanks in advance for your answers and advice!

справочник
08-25-2006, 10:44 AM
1) I-730 says "you're not eligible if you were granted the status as a derivative beneficiary". I came here with my father who was the principal beneficiary. Is there a way around this?
2) It also says the 2yr limitation may be waived. Has anybody done this?
3) "The relationship must have existed on the day you were admitted in the US". Does this mean we were supposed to be in a relationship or be MARRIED?

1. Для Вас эта форма не подходит.
2. 2 летнее ограничение может быть снято для тех, кто не успел подать в течении 2 лет, но имел право. У Вас такого права не было изначально.
3. Вы должны были быть женаты до въезда в США.
У Вас остаётся только одна опция - подать на супругу документы в установленном порядке - форма I-130.

sergious
08-28-2006, 01:12 AM
As we know, LPR filing I-130 takes a ridiculously long time

It used to say Texas is processing petitions filed in 2001

Now USCIS.GOV doesn't even list this info

Does anybody know if there is a way around it?

Дядя_Федор
08-28-2006, 05:55 AM
As we know, LPR filing I-130 takes a ridiculously long time

It used to say Texas is processing petitions filed in 2001

Now USCIS.GOV doesn't even list this info

Does anybody know if there is a way around it?
There's no way around it, sorry.

malutka
10-15-2006, 11:55 AM
I was admitted to the US more than 2 years ago on humanitarian parole (Lautenberg's amendment). I'm a LPR now.

What other reasons, besides medical treatment, can be presented as standing when you apply for humanitarian parole?

справочник
10-15-2006, 06:27 PM
What other reasons, besides medical treatment, can be presented as standing when you apply for humanitarian parole?
Humanitarian parole не имеет никакого отношения к медицине. Это поправка Лаутенберга, по которой евреи, армяне беженцы из Баку, некоторые протестанские конфессии и т.д., могут получить пароль в США, если не могут доказать непосредственных преследований и получить статус Refugee.