PDA

View Full Version : Extention B1/B2

alvina
07-30-2006, 12:41 AM
My mother is visitng me on B1/B2 visa. According to I-94 her stay will soon be over. I would like to extend her stay. How soon before her visa expires I should apply for extention? What kind of form should I file? Where should I file the form? What kind of supporting documents should I also submit? Do I have to specify for how long I would like to extend her stay? If her health is not well, should I specify that I am asking for an extention because of poor health condition, or I am better off saying nothing about her health problems?Do I have to have a lawyer? I will greatly appreciate any advice on this matter.

справочник
07-30-2006, 02:34 PM
My mother is visitng me on B1/B2 visa. According to I-94 her stay will soon be over. I would like to extend her stay. How soon before her visa expires I should apply for extention? What kind of form should I file? Where should I file the form? What kind of supporting documents should I also submit? Do I have to specify for how long I would like to extend her stay? If her health is not well, should I specify that I am asking for an extention because of poor health condition, or I am better off saying nothing about her health problems?Do I have to have a lawyer? I will greatly appreciate any advice on this matter.
I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status - http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-539.htm

Подавать рекомендуется за 45 дней до окончания I-94 (белой карты). Виза здесь не при чём. Читайте внимательно инструкции к форме о сопровождающей документации. Если основание - медицина, то нужна справка от врача.

alvina
07-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the info provided. Sorry for ignorance but after going through the I-539 I still did not understand whether I have to send her passport with the original I-94 forms or only I-94? I am also wondering whether there is a way to file a change of status for her. If there is a way then what status should it be? I am a permanent resident. In January I will be able to apply for citizenship. My understanding is that I will not be able to file AOS for her untill I get my citizenship granted. Her stay is over in November. What would be the best course of action? Thanks again for any dvice or opinion.

Floridian
07-31-2006, 12:53 AM
Паспорт никуда посылать не нужно. Посылать нужно только копию Ай-94. Оригинал себе оставьте. Если мама действительно будет здесь лечиться, то нужно взять справку от врача, где будет написано сколько времени займет лечение и его стоимость. Также приложить справку о наличии денег на ту же сумму плюс проживание. В этом случае продление гарантировано на 100 процентов. Если курс лечения не будет закончен за 6 месяцев, потом еще раз можно будет продлить по той же схеме.
Ясно дело, подавать на АОС на маму будете только когда гражданкой станете.

alvina
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks a lot for the response. Here is few more questions. Hopefully her stay will be extended for another 6 months. Hopefully during those 6 months I will apply for citizenship and will get, at least, notice of action that my application was accepted. The thing is that her passport will expire in August 2007. Would I be able to file AOS fo her while her passport is still valid but in few months will expire? What will happen if her passport will expire while her case is pending? What will happen if her passport expires before I get citizenship granted? I greatly appreciate any input on this matter.

Дядя_Федор
08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks a lot for the response. Here is few more questions. Hopefully her stay will be extended for another 6 months. Hopefully during those 6 months I will apply for citizenship and will get, at least, notice of action that my application was accepted. The thing is that her passport will expire in August 2007. Would I be able to file AOS fo her while her passport is still valid but in few months will expire? What will happen if her passport will expire while her case is pending? What will happen if her passport expires before I get citizenship granted? I greatly appreciate any input on this matter.
You can file for an AOS only when you are a citizen, no receipt, notice of action or anything less than a naturalization certificate will do.
Perhaps you can try to get a new passport at the nearest Russian Consulate.

08-02-2006, 01:54 AM
You can file for an AOS only when you are a citizen, no receipt, notice of action or anything less than a naturalization certificate will do.
Perhaps you can try to get a new passport at the nearest Russian Consulate.

I confirm that 100%, until you are "sworn in", you are NOT A CITIZEN, and may never be... as far as immigration is concerned, you are still going to be a permanent resident.

Passport can be exchanged at the nearest Russian consulate, it will take 3-4 month, maybe more, if your mom is not from Moscow.