PDA

View Full Version : If in my case i will be a to get GC

BITON
07-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Now i have visitors visa. I got married to the guy who has only GC 12 years already. Now we start his proccess to get citizenship. But in the past he has some crimes, (steeling), and 4 years ago bad behaviour (fight). Tell me please if he will be able to get citizenship. And the second, in case he will not get it, I will be able to get the GC after some time. (i heard like if i marry to someone who has the GC i also be able to get GC, just it take long time.) Please, if someone had the same situation, give me advice.

Дядя_Федор
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Now i have visitors visa. I got married to the guy who has only GC 12 years already. Now we start his proccess to get citizenship. But in the past he has some crimes, (steeling), and 4 years ago bad behaviour (fight). Tell me please if he will be able to get citizenship.

Unfortunately, t's impossible to tell if he can get citizenship. There are too many things at play here. One will need the actual court records to answer this question. A good lawyer will be able to tell you what chances he has. Also, you husband can be deported if he petitions the INS for an immigration benefit having in fact committed some crimes. I would strongly suggest that you hire a lawyer before applying for citizenship.

And the second, in case he will not get it, I will be able to get the GC after some time. (i heard like if i marry to someone who has the GC i also be able to get GC, just it take long time.) Please, if someone had the same situation, give me advice.
Depends on what happens if he doesn't get it (see above). The bad news is that you would have to wait for your GC outside the United States or get your own status in the US. But some non-immigrant visa categories will not be accessible to you (tourist visas, student visas and others that don't allow you to have immigration intents.)

07-23-2006, 01:40 AM
Not only will you have to wait OUTSIDE of the country, like was rightfully pointed out already, but the wait is likely to be VERY long one- 4-5 years at least.