PDA

View Full Version : Разница между DUI и DWI?

Robot
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Что хуже?

Цербер
07-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Что хуже?

Same thing as far as I know. DUI in CA, DWI elsewhere.

Robot
07-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Саме тхинг ас фар ас И кнощ. ДУИ ин ЦА, ДЩИ елсещхере.
Я тоже так думал, но мне сказали, что за [DWI] забирают права на пол-года-год, а за [DUI] только дают штраф или права забирают на месяц.
Эти понятия подразумевают разное количество алкоголя в крови.

FOLEY
07-18-2006, 05:09 PM
I did some research on this in the past (no, not for myself)...and as far as I know, they are legal equivalents.

Манюня
07-18-2006, 05:15 PM
I can google :bis:

What is the difference between DWI and DUI?

Actually the difference between DWI and DUI is also different between different states, and different between the state and the federal goverment. For some states (examples, Virginia and New Jersey) there is no difference between the two terms - they both mean drunk driving. In Minnesota on the other hand, there is technically no such thing as DUI (they use the term DWI - driving while impaired - instead). The distinction for the federal government is drawn based on severity. A DWI is issued when the blood alcohol content (BAC) is over the 0.08 limit, whereas a DUI is a less severe term, given when a persons BAC is under 0.08.

Driving while intoxicated (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI). DWIs are issued to those who are driving with above the legal limit of alcohol in their system. DUIs are issued when a driver is driving while on drugs that impair their ability to operate the vehicle safely. The drugs can be illegal narcotics, over the counter medication, or prescribed medication (the drugs don't have to be illegal for a DUI to be issued). This applies to jurisdictions where there is a difference stated between the 2 of course.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/5974

FOLEY
07-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I can google :bis:

What is the difference between DWI and DUI?

Actually the difference between DWI and DUI is also different between different states, and different between the state and the federal goverment. For some states (examples, Virginia and New Jersey) there is no difference between the two terms - they both mean drunk driving. In Minnesota on the other hand, there is technically no such thing as DUI (they use the term DWI - driving while impaired - instead). The distinction for the federal government is drawn based on severity. A DWI is issued when the blood alcohol content (BAC) is over the 0.08 limit, whereas a DUI is a less severe term, given when a persons BAC is under 0.08.

Driving while intoxicated (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI). DWIs are issued to those who are driving with above the legal limit of alcohol in their system. DUIs are issued when a driver is driving while on drugs that impair their ability to operate the vehicle safely. The drugs can be illegal narcotics, over the counter medication, or prescribed medication (the drugs don't have to be illegal for a DUI to be issued). This applies to jurisdictions where there is a difference stated between the 2 of course.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/5974

Забыл добавить...я интересовался у адвоката именно по штату НьюДжерси