PDA

View Full Version : Business in the mall & Security Deposit Issue

Elena24
05-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Hello. I have an issue with the mall, and may be somebody could give me a good advice. I had a business in the mall, a kiosk. My lease ended January 14, 2006. In the contract, it says that the security deposit($1000) will be refunded within 90 days. It has been more than 90 days. I keep calling the mall and they say that there was some mix up, and they are processing it now. ( it was 3 weeks ago) last week they said that I should be getting it on Monday, which already passed and I havent received anything.
Can I take them to the small claims court? I 'm pretty sure I can, but can I also sue them for being so late, and damages that they caused (for instance, I could have used the money for my own business)?
Thx.::)))):28: :28:

elfy
05-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Hello. I have an issue with the mall, and may be somebody could give me a good advice. I had a business in the mall, a kiosk. My lease ended January 14, 2006. In the contract, it says that the security deposit($1000) will be refunded within 90 days. It has been more than 90 days. I keep calling the mall and they say that there was some mix up, and they are processing it now. ( it was 3 weeks ago) last week they said that I should be getting it on Monday, which already passed and I havent received anything.
Can I take them to the small claims court? I 'm pretty sure I can, but can I also sue them for being so late, and damages that they caused (for instance, I could have used the money for my own business)?
Thx.::)))):28: :28:
in the small claims, you will probably be able to get the money back + the interest, bacause any security deposit is supposed to be kept in an interest bearing account while they keep it.
I don't think you will get anything for the "lost opprtunities"
IMHO