PDA

View Full Version : which address to provide?

smorodina
03-15-2006, 11:06 AM
good afternoon ;))

question: filling out my adjustment of status papers which address whould I provide? My husband has a house, where we used to live for a while but now we are renting apartment (just because we want to, the house belongs to him and is fully payed off). His tax return has the house address on it. Will it be a confusion for INC if i put apartment address on the papers? Should i just provide house address?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

A

PS Also what is the form number for application for Travel Document? Is it I-131?

03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
good afternoon ;))

question: filling out my adjustment of status papers which address whould I provide? My husband has a house, where we used to live for a while but now we are renting apartment (just because we want to, the house belongs to him and is fully payed off). His tax return has the house address on it. Will it be a confusion for INC if i put apartment address on the papers? Should i just provide house address?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

A

PS Also what is the form number for application for Travel Document? Is it I-131?

You should provide the address where you actually live together, does't matter whether it is on tax returns or not.
You will still have to submit bills, lease with your name on it, bank statements etc., if they come to a different address- THAT would be very confusing.

Yes, I-131:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm

smorodina
03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
We just moved in the apartment in the beginning of this month (March 1).
We have not had any bills yet here, and haven't transferred bank statements to this address either. I am planning to file papers this or next week (i can not wait longer as my I 94 expires soon).
I just realized one more thing. We got married end of January and in February we went on a cruise ship for a honeymoon. When we got back at the customs they told me that I should not have left the country before I adjusted my status, on which I replied noone let me know at the customs when we were departing (I understand they don't care when you leave the country, but the officer at the departure asked me when we got married and did not ask for any travel document).
Anyway upon arrival they gave me a little bit of hard times that I went against the law, but still gave me I 94 saying that i have 2 MONTHS to file my immigration papers.
Going back to the bills and all that - we never put my name on any bills yet, simply we did not have enough time.
What should I do - send copies of bills anyway or wait untill my I 94 expires ( i have no desire to do that) but i will have my name on the bills?

Please help.

03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
We just moved in the apartment in the beginning of this month (March 1).
We have not had any bills yet here, and haven't transferred bank statements to this address either. I am planning to file papers this or next week (i can not wait longer as my I 94 expires soon).
I just realized one more thing. We got married end of January and in February we went on a cruise ship for a honeymoon. When we got back at the customs they told me that I should not have left the country before I adjusted my status, on which I replied noone let me know at the customs when we were departing (I understand they don't care when you leave the country, but the officer at the departure asked me when we got married and did not ask for any travel document).
Anyway upon arrival they gave me a little bit of hard times that I went against the law, but still gave me I 94 saying that i have 2 MONTHS to file my immigration papers.
Going back to the bills and all that - we never put my name on any bills yet, simply we did not have enough time.
What should I do - send copies of bills anyway or wait untill my I 94 expires ( i have no desire to do that) but i will have my name on the bills?

Please help.

Copies of bills and such are needed at the interview, you do not have to provide them with AOS papers.

But at the time of the interview they will ask where do you actually live and since when, so, it is easier to tell the truth from the beginning rather than try to explain it later.

I am surprised they let you back in the country, since you clearly had immigration intent, and that should have made you inadmissable. I guess they've been nice to you and you got lucky. Don' t play with your luck again. I hope it will not cause trouble at some later stage.

smorodina
03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
I know I just got lucky, but I am really worried now.
How could I have been so stupid?:(
I guess I just didn't realize that going on a cruise to the Carribean is the same as leaving on a plane to another country.
Do you think they might deport me or something because of that? ;(

Lev Kobrin
03-15-2006, 05:02 PM
No. Forget abou it now.

03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Do you think they might deport me or something because of that? ;(
No, it should be ok. They admited you, you did not lie or anything, so it is not your fault.