PDA

View Full Version : invitation for relatives

smorodina
01-23-2006, 06:48 PM
:confused:
I am married to a citizen and will soon file status adjustment papers. My family wants to come over for vacation. My Mom - has been in the States few times and currently has a travel visa - is going to the embassy with my sister (14) to get a visa for her.
Now, my Dad has never been in the States, he's going to try to get a travel visa just as well. Should he mention about me being married to a citizen? What are the chances the officer in the embassy will suspect the whole family wants to stay here? Should I send an invitation?
I would appreciate any advice!

Bumazhka
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
:confused:
I am married to a citizen and will soon file status adjustment papers.
Good for you!:)

:
My family wants to come over for vacation. My Mom - has been in the States few times and currently has a travel visa - is going to the embassy with my sister (14) to get a visa for her.
They will off course ask what the reason for her travel to the US is...

:
Now, my Dad has never been in the States, he's going to try to get a travel visa just as well.
They will need to prove that they don't plan on staying here indefinitely. Can they do it by showing that without close relatives, now only some material possessions constitute strong ties to thier home country? :-(

:Should he mention about me being married to a citizen? I think it will be brought up anyhow through questions like what is your daughter doing in America and how she ended up there...
:
What are the chances the officer in the embassy will suspect the whole family wants to stay here? Should I send an invitation?
I would appreciate any advice!
That's the thing you see... If every member of your family wants a visa it would be a miracle if they didn't suspect that at all...:(
It's a good thing that your mom was already here a few times. Simply put...they will need to make a strong case that they would return home after their trip. Best wishes...