PDA

View Full Version : to Mexico from CA

valeri
12-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Guys, I need an advise as soon as possible! What documents are needed to go to Mexico (Mexico City)?
I have green card and russian international passport. If there are some extra documents needed (visas etc.), then how long does it take to get them?
If anybody knows where to find this information, please let me know!
Thanks.

malutka
12-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Guys, I need an advise as soon as possible! What documents are needed to go to Mexico (Mexico City)?
I have green card and russian international passport. If there are some extra documents needed (visas etc.), then how long does it take to get them?
If anybody knows where to find this information, please let me know!
Thanks.
Vrode na granice mozhno vse oformit'. Gde-to napisano, chto nuzhno ewe foto s soboj vzyat'. Mexican Tourist Card which you will be given at the airport when you check in or on the plane. Be sure to completely fill out the Tourist Card before you land in Mexico, it will save time at immigration. Put your Tourist Card in a safe place, you will required to present it when you depart Mexico.
Call here for more info:
Teléfonos: (202)736-1000/01/02

valeri
12-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Thank you malutka for the info. How relative and fresh is this information for today?, because I also heard that if you are not a US citizen, you need a Travel Passport to go to Mexico. Does anybody knows anything about this?
Thanks

malutka
12-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Тханк ёу малутка фор тхе инфо. Хощ релативе анд фреш ис тхис информатион фор тодаы?, бецаусе И алсо хеард тхат иф ёу аре нот а УС цитизен, ёу неед а Травел Пасспорт то го то Мехицо. Доес аныбоды кнощс анытхинг абоут тхис?
Тханкс
нигде не написано, что нужен травел паспорт. Лучше всего позвоните непосредственно в Консульство Мексики в Лос Анжелесе.

valeri
12-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Dear malutka! Trying to call the consulate was -the first thing I did, but without result. I have only one tel. number, where they always transfer nowhere. Only after that I went public. Thank you again for your info.
Other advices on that question also welcome!

Chukcha
12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
http://www.consulmexny.org/eng/z-bak-visas_fmvc.htm
FMVC for permanent residents of the United States and Canada

If you are a permanent resident of the United States or Canada, who wishes to travel to Mexico for business purposes and for less than 30 days are now allowed to do so with a migration form known as the FMVC form. The FMVC is the easiest manner to do business trips to Mexico.

You may obtain the FMVC form at the port of entry. You may also request one at this Consulate.

The requirements to obtain an FMVC Form are:

Valid Passport
U.S. Permanent Resident Alien Card or evidence of legal residence in Canada
Original Letter from the Company specifying the exact purpose of your trip to
Mexico and how your expenses will be covered.

If you are planning to go to Mexico on a business trip for more than 30 days, you need to apply for a nonimmigrant visa FM3, also known as business visa for multiple entries.

malutka
12-11-2005, 07:47 PM
http://www.consulmexny.org/eng/z-bak-visas_fmvc.htm
FMVC for permanent residents of the United States and Canada

If you are a permanent resident of the United States or Canada, who wishes to travel to Mexico for business purposes and for less than 30 days are now allowed to do so with a migration form known as the FMVC form. The FMVC is the easiest manner to do business trips to Mexico.

You may obtain the FMVC form at the port of entry. You may also request one at this Consulate.

The requirements to obtain an FMVC Form are:

Valid Passport
U.S. Permanent Resident Alien Card or evidence of legal residence in Canada
Original Letter from the Company specifying the exact purpose of your trip to
Mexico and how your expenses will be covered.

If you are planning to go to Mexico on a business trip for more than 30 days, you need to apply for a nonimmigrant visa FM3, also known as business visa for multiple entries.
this is for business purposes, what about tourism?

Alisa27
12-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Permanent Residents of the United States traveling to Mexico as Tourists

Do not need a visa to enter Mexico when departing from the United States. However, it will be required to present the following documents at the airport or port of entry into Mexico:

Valid passport (for at least 3 months)

USCIS Permanent Resident Alien Card (Green Card) valid for at least 3 months, or the USCIS stamp on the passport that establishes Permanent Residence in the United States until 3 months after date of travel)
http://www.consulmexny.org/eng/visas_fmt_us_permanent_residents_inm.htm