PDA

View Full Version : Пилот АоС в Далласе - не уложились в 90 дней

Armadillo
08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Чего делать? Сегодня уже 94 день, а ГК не прислали.
Кому писать? сенаторам? или звонить?

Вот перцы. Самое главное, людям с исламских стран Пилот делали за 60-80 дней - так как они вьезжают в ЮСА уже с полной проверкой пальчиков.

Ну злой немножко. Чувства противоречивые. Не знаю что делать. А что делать?

Мартини...

anti-climacus
08-30-2005, 08:33 PM
it's not that uncommon for dora to take longer than 90 days. i bet that, when you go to the local office to inquire about the reason for the delay, you would be told that your security (namecheck) is still pending--that's the most common response in dora hold ups. i think that russian passport holders have to go through extra security checks during adjustment of status, so their application through dora takes a bit longer. i surmise this on the basis of reading aos application procedures at foreign embassies. see fore example,
http://warsaw.usembassy.gov/poland/Fiance_Visas.html
"NVC performs a namecheck that requires a reply from the FBI. This namecheck is usually completed within ten days, but some cases take substantially longer. If the beneficiary holds a Russian passport, an additional namecheck procedure taking one month or more is done."

it's a bit too early to contact your congressman's office. wait at least another two months. meanwhile, request from fbi foipa (freedom of information privacy act). it may be useful later when/if you are in touch with the congressman's office. ( for details, see here, http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=861683&postcount=1).

i will look with interest at the progress of your dora application. it's been six months in my case and i am still waiting. no "70th day" letter, either. i plan to schedule an info pass appointment soon to get ead and ap. you can do it as well if you wish to travel and work before final approval. after 90 days, applicants are eligible to apply for and be issued ap and ead on the spot at the appointment at the local office

good luck. keep updates on your progress.

Armadillo
08-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, thanks a lot for support.

I've scheduled Appointment for September 13th. Letter for namecheck should be responded in 10 days. so I'll take it with me to

I cross my fingers for the success. As well as I wish you to get done with this stuff.

anti-climacus
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
The FOIPA letter from FBI that you are hoping to receive in 10 days is not going to be really useful at the immigration office as it does not address as broad and detailed a security info on you as does the namecheck (which is actually a short title for several security checks--e.g. fingerprints, IBIS, and sometimes CIA). The FOIPA letter may be of some use only later when/if you decide to seek assistance from the Congressman's office.

You can e-mail FBI directly about your namecheck ([email protected], see details at the link provided in the message below), but you will most likely get a response only in 4-6 months.

let's keep each other updated.

Lev Kobrin
08-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Лучше не дергаться и не верить в их обещанные сроки (они их почти никогда не соблюдают), а просто спокойно подождать.

anti-climacus
08-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Лучше не дергаться и не верить в их обещанные сроки (они их почти никогда не соблюдают), а просто спокойно подождать.

Мoжно и верить и спокойно ждать--одно не исключает другого. ;) In the case of the Dallas office, it may be useful to file an inquiry about the case if no approval is given after six months, as the vast majority of DORA applications are completed within that period of time.

On the basis of this timeline consisting of completed online experiences of actual applicants through DORA, 25 out of 29 people report approved AOS within 100 days or shortly thereafter.
http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1234063&postcount=513

Also, the annual Ombudsman's report states that 56% of DORA applications are completed within 90 days.
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=16873

I've noticed that most of the delayed applications in Dallas are due to pending namechecks and thus are, as expected, related to applicants from countries, including Russia, with "security concerns."

Armadillo
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
What's about taking to the appointment both EAD and Advance Parole applications simultaneously? wouldn't it look weird: you want to work and you want to fly abroad? no problem?

thanks

anti-climacus
08-31-2005, 10:02 PM
applying for ead and ap at the same time is common.

Armadillo
08-31-2005, 10:59 PM
ИНС крепко ударила по мне. Но я сейчас ударю ещё крепче по Мартини.

anti-climacus
09-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Armadillo: "ИНС крепко ударила по мне. Но я сейчас ударю ещё крепче по Мартини."

Главное, чтобы ты сам себя крепко не ударил после Мартини.

Armadillo
09-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Главное, чтобы ты сам себя крепко не ударил после Мартини.
Это как? Членовредительство какое-то

Armadillo
09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
АнтиКлимакус, как там Ваш кейс?
Я только что в ССА ездил, там тоже порадовали - сказали из-за Доры они загружены, поэтому ССН пришлют через 4 недели.

Живу он холд.

Lev Kobrin
09-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Опять нужно приглашать друга Мвртына в гости.

Armadillo
09-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Опять нужно приглашать друга Мартына в гости.
А он с ночи у меня :-)