PDA

View Full Version : Application for Naturalization (form N-400) question

Valentino85
06-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I am in the process of applying for Naturalization. It seems to be very easy, however i would like to clarify something before i complete.
There is a section where you being asked how many times have you been away from United States for the past 5 years. Its pretty easy, but here is the trick. I will complete my 5 years on August 26 and we all know that you can apply three month before you hit your 5 years mark. However, as i am planning to make a trip, which is going to take a place in August before i actually reach that date, woud i have to indicate it in the application now, or should i just ommit, assuming that i did not anticipate to go overseas and filed the application well before August 26?

Thanks ahead for your feedback!

p.s. sorry for writing in english

Фома
06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Don't count that future trip yet.
When you go to the interview, they will ask you if there are any changes to your information since you sent in the application - you'll have a chance to mention this and any other event that happens between now and then at that time.

Valentino85
06-03-2005, 09:17 AM
FOMA,
Spasibo bolshoe. Ya vot nikak ne mogu reshitsya pomenyat mne LAST NAME ili net....Kak vy dumaete....mnogo lyudey iz teh kto podaet na Citizenship menyaet svoyu familiyu?