PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad wir sprechen sie the same lingity

Krasota
05-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Взаимно (пожимает плечами и удивляется, откуда во Франции столько злости, ведь красивая страна)Didn't you know that French are known not to be friendly and have terrible attitudes? :roll:

Манюня
05-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Didn't you know that French are known not to be friendly and have terrible attitudes? :roll:French - yes. But Russian immugrants in France? Learning now...

Птиц
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Didn't you know that French are known not to be friendly and have terrible attitudes? :roll:

Оп-па... Ну-ка, ну-ка, где там Наб со своим лобным местом...

Манюня
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Оп-па... Ну-ка, ну-ка, где там Наб со своим лобным местом...Птиц, не ершись. Красота лишь поделилась наблюдением. "Known to be" is not the same as "are"

Jaeger
05-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Didn't you know that French are known not to be friendly and have terrible attitudes? :roll:

It is not polite to speak a language that might be not spoken by your interlocutors. Have you heard about it?

Птиц
05-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Птиц, не ершись. Красота лишь поделилась наблюдением. "Known to be" is not the same as "are"

А если French заменить на... Jews? Тож будет чье-то наблюдение? Или как?

Манюня
05-19-2005, 02:18 PM
А если French заменить на... Jews? Тож будет чье-то наблюдение? Или как?Смотря что сказать.

Птиц
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Смотря что сказать.

Ту же самую фразу, которую сказала Красота.

Манюня
05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Ту же самую фразу, которую сказала Красота.То будет неправдой.:evillaugh 'Cause THAT fact is not "known" to be true about Jews.

Птиц
05-19-2005, 02:22 PM
То будет неправдой.:evillaugh 'Cause THAT fact is not "known" to be true about Jews.

Но всё равно неприятно, не так ли?

Манюня
05-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Но всё равно неприятно, не так ли?Неприятно - одно, но на Лобное Место не потянет, правда?

Krasota
05-19-2005, 02:25 PM
It is not polite to speak a language that might be not spoken by your interlocutors. Have you heard about it?
1--You are in Russian-AMERICAN forum. Don't forget that.
2--I knew that Manjunja knows english.
3--I'm sorry, but you not in the position to teach me politeness. Learn some friendliness and respect first.

Птиц
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Неприятно - одно, но на Лобное Место не потянет, правда?

Нет, канешна... У нас же стандарты у каждого свои... И уровень терпимости тоже.

Krasota
05-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Псиса, мне тоже много чего не приятно. Мне вот не приятно что ты на форуме постоянно из-за каких-то мелочей начинаешь со всеми спорить и что-то доказывать, и флудишь. Ну и что дальше?

Птиц
05-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Псиса, мне тоже много чего не приятно. Мне вот не приятно что ты на форуме постоянно из-за каких-то мелочей начинаешь со всеми спорить и что-то доказывать, и флудишь. Ну и что дальше?

Разве речь сейчас обо мне или о тебе? К тебе тот же вопрос, допустим кто-то произносит на форуме следующую фразу "The Jews are known not to be friendly and have a terrible attitude" (для желающих прицепиться к словам - особое ударение на слове "допустим"). Твое отношение?

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
То будет неправдой.:evillaugh 'Cause THAT fact is not "known" to be true about Jews.Did you mean to say that that fact is a big secret? I was hoping you'd not categorize it as a fact.. :smoke:

Krasota
05-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Разве речь сейчас обо мне или о тебе? К тебе тот же вопрос, допустим кто-то произносит на форуме следующую фразу "Тхе Йещс аре кнощн нот то бе фриендлы анд хаве а террибле аттитуде" (для желающих прицепиться к словам - особое ударение на слове "допустим"). Твое отношение? Я лично тему завела о тебе, так как ты любитель цепляться к словам.
Есть такое слово как "Стереотип". Ты с ним знаком? Так вот ето стереотип о Французах, поетому я и сказала "known to be ". Смешно, но 2 француза нашего форума под стириотип подходят. Какое мое отношение будет если скажут тоже самое про евреев? Я скажу что такого стереотипа о евреях не слышала вроде-бы. :rtyu:

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Птиц, не ершись. Красота лишь поделилась наблюдением. "Known to be" is not the same as "are"Splitting hairs, are we?
Known to be, believed, supposed, deemed, considered or suspected are all expressions of different levels of certainty, "known to be" being of the highest and probably as close, if not an equivalent, to "are" as it gets. But the shade of certainty is irrelevant. The most important is that there is the bigoted generalization, against expression of which the rule was put in place.

Krasota
05-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Почему Вора не пригласили еще в Лобное Место за антиссимитские высказывания? И вообще, за уклон от дуэлей, разве бана нет? :confused:

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Почему Вора не пригласили еще в Лобное Место за антиссимитские высказывания? И вообще, за уклон от дуэлей, разве бана нет? :confused:От какой дуели я уклонился, радысть мая? :smoke:

Птиц
05-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Я лично тему завела о тебе, так как ты любитель цепляться к словам.
Есть такое слово как "Стереотип". Ты с ним знаком? Так вот ето стереотип о Французах, поетому я и сказала "кнощн то бе ". Смешно, но 2 француза нашего форума под стириотип подходят. Какое мое отношение будет если скажут тоже самое про евреев? Я скажу что такого стереотипа о евреях не слышала вроде-бы. :ртю:

Иначе говоря, по твоему мнению, процитировать расхожий стереотип - не есть нарушение вот этого правила?

10) Запрещено оскорблять на форуме ту или иную нацию,
вносить недопустимые и грубые комменты, касающиеся
национальностей, стран и народов.

А как нащет стишков? Песенок? Может, начнем цитировать какого-нибудь из политиков?

Манюня
05-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Did you mean to say that that fact is a big secret? I was hoping you'd not categorize it as a fact.. :smoke: No, I meant to say that it has not become a stereotype...yet.

Манюня
05-19-2005, 10:09 PM
known to be" being of the highest and probably as close, if not an equivalent, to "are" as it gets. But the shade of certainty is irrelevant. The most important is that there is the bigoted generalization, against expression of which the rule was put in place.Thank you for confirming that it is NOT the same after all. And every stereotype is somewhat bigoted. The question is whether it is offensive and to what degree. The rule was not about generalizations, but offensive generalizations. I do not think every stereotype is offensive.

Lustful Angel
05-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Манюня, браво!

Птиц
05-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Popcorn, anyone?

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Thank you for confirming that it is NOT the same after all. And every stereotype is somewhat bigoted. The question is whether it is offensive and to what degree. The rule was not about generalizations, but offensive generalizations. I do not think every stereotype is offensive.
Neither do I think that every stereotype is an offensive generalization. I do not doubt, however, that you'd find the generalization under the consideration an offensive one. May be not to you, since it was not about you, but to the French. And if you still fail to see its offensiveness, please refer to Ptitsa's example.

Манюня
05-20-2005, 12:41 AM
And if you still fail to see its offensiveness, please refer to Ptitsa's example.I responded to him about his example, didn't I? That's how this exchange of ours got started in the first place.

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I responded to him about his example, didn't I? That's how this exchange of ours got started in the first place.That's correct.
Because your answer

То будет неправдой.:evillaugh 'Cause THAT fact is not "known" to be true about Jews.seems to suggest that if a bigoted generalization is untrue, than it can not be offensive, such as supposition that the Jews may be known to be unfriendly. Unless you are prepared to speak for the whole people about their sensitivities, you might want to reconsider disqualifying Krasota's sentence as an offence, before somebody invites you to publish the full list of bigoted generalizations about the Jews that are known to be true.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:04 AM
That's correct.
Because your answer
seems to suggest that if a bigoted generalization is untrue, than it can not be offensive, such as supposition that the Jews may be known to be unfriendly. Unless you are prepared to speak for the whole people about their sensitivities, you might want to reconsider disqualifying Krasota's sentence as an offence, before somebody invites you to publish the full list of bigoted generalizations about the Jews that are known to be true.

May I suggest we drop the race issue and switch to profession.

Manunya, what do you think of lawyer jokes?

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Мануня, щхат до ёу тхинк оф лащыер ёкес? Good one!:)

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:12 AM
seems to suggest that if a bigoted generalization is untrue, than it can not be offensive, such as supposition that the Jews may be known to be unfriendly. No, that's not what I meant. I didn't say that it's the unfriendliness that's false. It's the fact that such a statement is a known stereotype that's false. Since the response to such a statement is simple - something along the lines that "no, it is not generally known, and I hear it for the first time" - it is hard to get offended by it.

Now, Krasota's statement is generally known. That qualifies it as a stereotype. Here, we can judge the offensiveness. To me, it is not offensive, but not because I'm not French. It is because Krasota merely stated the stereotype (without asserting whether or not it's true) and implied that the users in question provide yet another example justifying that stereotype. She did not proclaim the stereotype to be true.

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Manunya, what do you think of lawyer jokes?Depends on a joke. Sometimes they are right on the money and reflect the reality of this profession.

Serge7
05-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Манюня ! А можно пояснить, пожалуста... Где? Когда? И для чего? Произошёл в этой теме такой резкий переход на такой хороший английский?

ПС. Тема важная! Но нас же читают ещё и за океаном...:34:

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Depends on a joke. Sometimes they are right on the money and reflect the reality of this profession.

How 'bout this one?

"Q: How can you tell a lawyer is lying?
A: His/her lips are moving".

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Манюня ! А можно пояснить, пожалуста... Где? Когда? И для чего? Произошёл в этой теме такой резкий переход на такой хороший английский? (тыкает пальцем в сторону Красоты)

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:20 AM
How 'bout this one?
"Q: How can you tell a laywer is lying?
A: His/her lips are moving". This is the thing - I cannot get offended. You know why? Because there have been many people in this profession that brought about jokes like that. The fact that it is not true about my particular case does not obscure the fact that these jokes do have some historical basis.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:29 AM
This is the thing - I cannot get offended. You know why? Because there have been many people in this profession that brought about jokes like that. The fact that it is not true about my particular case does not obscure the fact that these jokes do have some historical basis.

Now, let's make another switch, from jokes to statements (sans humor). Based on what you just said, such statements may be offensive to some individuals, but not to others. More specifically, certain types, such as "race slurs". Is that correct?

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Now, let's make another switch, from jokes to statements (sans humor). Based on what you just said, such statements may be offensive to some individuals, but not to others. More specifically, certain types, such as "race slurs". Is that correct?To me, race slurs are different. This is because they connect certain qualities to the simple genetic characteristic that people are born with. That is, while lawyer jokes may be deserved, racial slurs, by definition, cannot be justified in the same way.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:40 AM
To me, race slurs are different. This is because they connect certain qualities to the simple genetic characteristic that people are born with. That is, while lawyer jokes may be deserved, racial slurs, by definition, cannot be justified in the same way.

In other words, it is only those statements that deal with congenital qualities of a certain group of people that are offensive, whereas those which refer to aquired abilities or other traits, such as customs, are not?

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:44 AM
In other words, it is only those statements that deal with congenital qualities of a certain group of people that are offensive, whereas those which refer to aquired abilities or other traits, such as customs, are not? Statements dealing with congenital qualities of a certain group of people are usually offensive, yes. As to acquired traits, they still may be offensive. It depends on a statement and its justification (or lack thereof).

Птиц
05-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Statements dealing with congenital qualities of a certain group of people are usually offensive, yes. As to acquired traits, they still may be offensive. It depends on a statement and its justification (or lack thereof).

Depends how? How does one determine?

Манюня
05-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Depends how? How does one determine?
Too general of a question. You can determine only in the context of a given statement.

Jaeger
05-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Манюня ! А можно п
ояснить, пожалуста... Где? Когда? И для чего? Произошёл в этой теме такой резкий переход на такой хороший английский?

ПС. Тема важная! Но нас же читают ещё и за океаном...:34:

Серж, спасибо.
Я уже говорил, что это невежливо.
Я-то английский знаю, Васелису не спрашивал, - но думаю, что есть наверняка такие, кто не знает.
А с Манюней я и так общаюсь, ... она тут в треде про голубуе браки была не прочь вместо пола человека, в паспорте писать КАРТОФЕЛИНА, - если он того пожелает...
О чем вообще говорить.
Можно вообще обертку от жвачки давать вместо паспорта и фотку степплерить с печатью... по желанию... :)

Птиц
05-20-2005, 03:26 AM
Too general of a question. You can determine only in the context of a given statement.

How does one define the context of a given statement? What's the framework?

Jaeger
05-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Почему Вора не пригласили еще в Лобное Место за антиссимитские высказывания? И вообще, за уклон от дуэлей, разве бана нет? :confused:

А Вы бы молчали в тряпочку, со своими анитифранцузскими высказываниями. Кнопки на вас между прочим, никто не нажал.

Jaeger
05-20-2005, 03:56 AM
1--You are in Russian-AMERICAN forum. Don't forget that.
2--I knew that Manjunja knows english.
3--I'm sorry, but you not in the position to teach me politeness. Learn some friendliness and respect first.

только сейчас увидел этот пост...

1. на форуме > 99 процентов русского.
2. если вы с манюней только говорите, можете и в личке говорить!..
3. я в той position в какой я есть, you have no right to tell me what should be my position. Respect & friendliness - понятия ощущаемые без напоминаний. Я чувствую в вас человека для которого those notions are beyond your reach. Может до поры до времени, может навсегда.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Krasota merely stated the stereotype (without asserting whether or not it's true)...

Does that mean one can make any statement about anybody, long as it's stereotypical, and no assertion of its truth or falsehood is made by the speaker?

Let me try (as a model phrase naturally): Women are known to be...

Should I coutinue?

Jaeger
05-20-2005, 04:05 AM
Krasota merely stated the stereotype (without asserting whether or not it's true)..

Что, кстати, подтверждает легкомыслие и безответственность. Ясно как белый день! Сами же и разобрались. Merely и without asserting...

Krasota
05-20-2005, 07:49 AM
От какой дуели я уклонился, радысть мая? :smoke:А что их было много? :shock:

Krasota
05-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Иначе говоря, по твоему мнению, процитировать расхожий стереотип - не есть нарушение вот этого правила?Нет, ето не было нарушением правила.

А как нащет стишков? Песенок? Может, начнем цитировать какого-нибудь из политиков?Каком к верху ;)

Krasota
05-20-2005, 07:52 AM
А Вы бы молчали в тряпочку, со своими анитифранцузскими высказываниями. Кнопки на вас между прочим, никто не нажал.Что делать, вы будете говорить своей женушке. ;) Высказывания были как раз на вас ращитаны. Вам уже 2 Модератора сделали замечания, а вы все на тормоза не нажмете.

Krasota
05-20-2005, 07:54 AM
только сейчас увидел этот пост...

1. на форуме > 99 процентов русского.
2. если вы с манюней только говорите, можете и в личке говорить!..

з. я в той поситион в какой я есть, ёу хаве но ригхт то телл ме щхат шоулд бе мы поситион. Респецт & фриендлинесс - понятия ощущаемые без напоминаний. Я чувствую в вас человека для которого тхосе нотионс аре беёнд ёур реач. Может до поры до времени, может навсегда. 1. Ну и что? К томуже, 95% говорят по английски.
2. Где нам разговаривать, мы разберемся БЕЗ вас.
з. А у вас нет права мне делать замечания. Так что засуньте ети замечания себе в жопу.

Красота, предупреждение за хамство.

eisman
05-20-2005, 08:09 AM
з. А у вас нет права мне делать замечания. Так что засуньте ети замечания себе в жопу.

Krasota, а почему Вам не лень писать всевозможные эквиваленты фразы "идите вы со своими советами", если один из них и так уже у Вас в подписи?

vaselisa pre
05-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Jaeger
А Вы бы молчали в тряпочку, со своими анитифранцузскими высказываниями. Кнопки на вас между прочим, никто не нажал.

Что делать, вы будете говорить своей женушке. ;) Высказывания были как раз на вас ращитаны. Вам уже 2 Модератора сделали замечания, а вы все на тормоза не нажмете.

Нет мадам, Егерь будут говорит этот именно Вам. И я присоединюсь. Потому как ваши высказывания классически определение разжигания межнациональной розни.
Кстати, хотела бы обратить на это внимание модератора На качелях

vaselisa pre
05-20-2005, 08:17 AM

А это уже просто элементарное хамство.

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-20-2005, 08:57 AM
А что их было много? :shock:Вы меня спрашиваете? :smoke:

Манюня
05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Does that mean one can make any statement about anybody, long as it's stereotypical, and no assertion of its truth or falsehood is made by the speaker?

Let me try (as a model phrase naturally): Women are known to be...

Should I coutinue?If you observe some behavior and see that it fits the stereotype, you can surely make the statement.

Манюня
05-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Почему бы Мане не перейти бэк на великий и могучий?Когда мой собеседник перейдет, тогда и я. Не я ж начинала.

alex korolev
05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Когда мой собеседник перейдет, тогда и я. Не я ж начинала.

Ты извини, но почему-то дико ломает читать ТУТ по английски.

Манюня
05-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Ты извини, но почему-то дико ломает читать ТУТ по английски.Выход - не читай.:34:

BOP B 3AKOHE
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
You are asking me? :roll:
Ты отшлепаешь? You must be kidding, dude
Who else?
I never kid. :smoke:

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:22 PM
If you observe some behavior and see that it fits the stereotype, you can surely make the statement.

So it rather depends on the behavior than on the semantics?

msn
05-20-2005, 01:30 PM
1. Ну и что? К томуже, 95% говорят по английски.
з. А у вас нет права мне делать замечания. Так что засуньте ети замечания себе в жопу.Два сапога - пара. Ты поняла о чём я, да? ;)

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:40 PM
So it rather depends on the behavior than on the semantics?I'd say so. We started this discussion with this very concept, didn't we? With certain behavior observed by Krasota.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd say so. We started this discussion with this very concept, didn't we? With certain behavior observed by Krasota.

I was talking about the behavior displayed by the speaker, not the subject.

Thus, the question remains.

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I was talking about the behavior displayed by the speaker, not the subject.

Thus, the question remains.Here is the key thought - my perception of offensiveness of the speaker's statement is dependent on the behavior that, as the speaker purports, justifies the statement.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Here is the key thought - my perception of offensiveness of the speaker's statement is dependent on the behavior that, as the speaker purports, justifies the statement.

Whose behavior?

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Whose behavior?Whatever behavior that brought about the statement in question.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Whatever behavior that brought about the statement in question.

So if I see a jerk and call him an a**hole, that will not be offensive?

Манюня
05-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Усе, ушла на ланч, продолжим скоро.:knopka:

Птиц
05-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Все что я говорю, является моим Humble opinion. I don't repeat other peoples' ideas. Understood???

Then whose ideas DO you repeat? :smoke:

Krasota
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Then whose ideas DO you repeat? :smoke:Are you always so boring? :roll:

Serge7
05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
So were Jews, at one time or another... Do you find the term "Jews" offensive? Yes, I do. I would prefer to use – “Jewish” or “Jewish people” or "Jewish americans"… How about that? :)

Птиц
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Yes, I do. I would prefer to use – “Jewish” or “Jewish people” or "Jewish americans"… How about that? :)

Wow! What about the Russian word "евреи"?

Птиц
05-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Are you always so boring? :roll:

Are you always so dim? :smoke:

CrazyDiamond
05-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow! What about the Russian word "евреи"?

Слово Jews переводится не как "евреи", а как "иудеи", потому, что имеет отношение к религии. "Евреи" переводится как hebrew, и имеет отношение к этносу.

Птиц
05-20-2005, 11:17 PM
...as if it wasn't obvious before.

I think you're mysogynistic, it has always been obvious to me. How's that for a statement?

CrazyDiamond
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
I think you're mysogynistic, it has always been obvious to me. How's that for a statement?

You mean, misogynistic? Whatever gave you that idea?
Besides, "always" is a strong word, you don't even know me that long.