PDA

View Full Version : Н-1

Lev Kobrin
03-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Press Release
March 4, 2005

USCIS TO IMPLEMENT H-1B VISA REFORM ACT OF 2004

Advises Employers Not to File Petitions Until New Guidance is Issued

Washington, D.C.– U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is currently preparing guidance for the implementation of the Omnibus Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2005 which created a new exemption from the annual H-1B congressionally mandated cap of 65,000 visas. While the applicable provisions of the H-1B Visa Reform Act become effective March 9, 2005, USCIS advises employers not to file H-1B petitions seeking to employ an H-1B worker who may benefit from these provisions until USCIS publishes guidance in the Federal Register. USCIS will reject any new H-1B petition that is filed in advance of the effective filing date as established in the forthcoming Federal Register notice.

– USCIS –

Здесь неправильно указана дата 9 марта, должно быть 8 марта.

Yura_V
04-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Lev! As i see you're real professional here- i need ya help.i'm russian ,have lithuanian citizenship ,i live in ireland at the moment-but i 'd like to go to the states ,could you tell me what kinda visa i can apply and how to get it .I have high school diploma only education wise-i looked throu american colleges really expensive-i really wanna go to the states tired of ireland please help-my e-mail [email protected]

05-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi Lev! As i see you're real professional here- i need ya help.i'm russian ,have lithuanian citizenship ,i live in ireland at the moment-but i 'd like to go to the states ,could you tell me what kinda visa i can apply and how to get it .I have high school diploma only education wise-i looked throu american colleges really expensive-i really wanna go to the states tired of ireland please help-my e-mail [email protected]

What kind of visa you should apply to depends on WHY you need a visa in the first place?
If you wish to travel to the US as a tourist or with a private visit, you should apply for B1/B2 visa, have a hotel booked or some kind of a letter from a friend in the States who wishes to see you. If you wish to study you should first be accepted into whatever institution you are going to attend and bring the proof of financial ability to pay for it.
Then you should make an appointment at the nearest Consular office of the United States, most likely for you it is a US embassy in Dublin, bring proof of your status in Ireland and whatever other documents you have to show.

Just for your information- citizens of Lithuania are under the same visa requirements as citizens of Russia.

Yura_V
05-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks Lev,sounds good.i need probably a student visa,'cause i wanna stay in the states and work if possible-could you please tell me what universities i can apply to - i mean there are serious fees for international students so may be you know cheaper ones that i can apply to .Thanks a lot -by the way i know America is not good country to live in ,but i like the warm weather and i speak the same language so that;s why i wanna get there plus it's cheap...Thanks again Lev-i'm russian by the way-just got lithuanian passport...

05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks Lev,sounds good.i need probably a student visa,'cause i wanna stay in the states and work if possible-could you please tell me what universities i can apply to - i mean there are serious fees for international students so may be you know cheaper ones that i can apply to .Thanks a lot -by the way i know America is not good country to live in ,but i like the warm weather and i speak the same language so that;s why i wanna get there plus it's cheap...Thanks again Lev-i'm russian by the way-just got lithuanian passport...

You are welcome, except that it wasn't Lev :)

Vernad
05-05-2005, 03:35 PM
What kind of visa you should apply to depends on WHY you need a visa in the first place?
If you wish to travel to the US as a tourist or with a private visit, you should apply for B1/B2 visa, have a hotel booked or some kind of a letter from a friend in the States who wishes to see you. If you wish to study you should first be accepted into whatever institution you are going to attend and bring the proof of financial ability to pay for it.
Then you should make an appointment at the nearest Consular office of the United States, most likely for you it is a US embassy in Dublin, bring proof of your status in Ireland and whatever other documents you have to show.

Just for your information- citizens of Lithuania are under the same visa requirements as citizens of Russia.

Man, brush up your English. :)
Otherwise speak Russian.

__

05-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Man, brush up your English. :)
Otherwise speak Russian.

__

My english is very well "brushed", what exactly do you have problem with? (and I hope it is more then just couple of typo's)

Vernad
05-05-2005, 08:17 PM

_____

Vernad
05-05-2005, 08:26 PM
My english is very well "brushed", what exactly do you have problem with? (and I hope it is more then just couple of typo's)

A Russian is a Russian. :)
He/She always says "I hope" instead of "it is better be"

Давай лучше по-русски, а ? :)

__

05-06-2005, 03:36 PM
А Руссиан ис а Руссиан. :)
Хе/Ше алщаыс саыс "И хопе" инстеад оф "ит ис беттер бе"

Давай лучше по-русски, а ? :)

__

Вижу выделеные слова, не вижу об'яснений.

Пример:

Even if they don't...

How in the world can an American decline your visa application knowing you spent a couple of thousand dollars?

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showthread.php?p=378720#post378720

One should not use indefinate article in front of a plural :)

Фома
05-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Вижу выделеные слова, не вижу об'яснений.

Пример:

http://forum.russianamerica.com/f/showthread.php?p=378720#post378720

One should not use indefinate article in front of a plural :)

"couple" is not a plural ... sorry

Там все правильно... так же, как и в вашей фразе, которую он цитировал, включая выделенные слова... кроме "apply to" - правильный предлог здесь for.

05-06-2005, 05:06 PM
"цоупле" ис нот а плурал ... сорры

Там все правильно... так же, как и в вашей фразе, которую он цитировал, включая выделенные слова... кроме "апплы то" - правильный предлог здесь фор.

ну, ето была явная опечатка- в следующей фразе написано правильно- "for".

you should apply for B1/B2 visa

05-06-2005, 05:46 PM
остальное, примеры написания носителями языка:

why you need:

Why You Need to Test Your Web Site with Real Users

http://www.webreference.com/authoring/design/usability/testing/

with a private visit:

...Conclude your visit with a private visit and tasting at the winery and frantoio.

http://www.longmeadowranch.com/visitorProg/index.visitor.html

to travel to the US:

people wishing to travel to the US

www.unitedstatesvisas.gov/pdfs/gettingavisa.02.03.pdf

and whatever other documents

whatever other services are required to get the content ready. ...

www.toolkit.cch.com/content.asp

I hope it is more then just couple of typo's

I agree
and hope it is more than just a rumor. ...

http://news.zdnet.com/5208-1040-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=7247&messageID=146407&start=125

похоже, что в some kind of a letter лишняя "а", -

Какие ужастные преступления против английского языка! нет мне прощен'я!
все, уважаемый мудрейший Вернад, бросаю говорить по английски, устыженный вами, если 20 лет практики в Англии, Америке и Канаде не помогли, что же теперь делать нещастному??
В монастырь, не иначе! :)

А если точнее- в следующий раз, Вернад, покажите написанное носителю языка, и не позорьтесь, корча из себя спеца..

Lev Kobrin
05-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Господа филолухи, не ссорьтесь. Самое смешное, что в русском изложении допускается не меньше ошибок или опечаток.

AjP
05-08-2005, 12:16 PM
так, хорош флудит народ, тема про H-1 а не русcкая граматика!!!!

Lev Kobrin
05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Правда, не граММатика.